A few pics for C & C

Rosshole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know some of you despise pet pictures, so I apologize in advance for that. Let me know what you think, some have PP, some don't.

Thanks in advance!

4455562072_346e6fe6b1_b.jpg

4448645454_5c0d5b6c94_b.jpg

4448650050_3fc5a4cca5_b.jpg

4447877439_a2aafe51b9_b.jpg

1. if the nose wasn't blurry it wouldn't be so bad of a picture, also underexposed.
2. again, the blurr on the left is too distracting and underexposed.
3. too boring of a picture, try a diff angle.

my favorite would be the cat and i love pet pictures b/c i have no kids to practice on so keep shooting!

Interesting thoughts... Most of the white in no. 1 is already blown out, and I have a raw copy of this picture also, but I just don't see it as underexposed.

1. if the nose wasn't blurry it wouldn't be so bad of a picture, also underexposed.
2. again, the blurr on the left is too distracting and underexposed.
3. too boring of a picture, try a diff angle.

my favorite would be the cat and i love pet pictures b/c i have no kids to practice on so keep shooting!

You say 3 is boring? WHAT! Maybe to you.. Not I however.. Takes me back to those days when I was climbing up from underneath a bridge with friends.. Good ol' graff days..

Other thoughts..
1) cute shot, nothing special though
2) under-exposed, boring..
3) many people could place themselves here, great image imo.
4) seen it before, good exposure however

#2 and #3 are interesting... I like the contrast of line in 3, I wish the background wasn't quite as cluttered as it is... perhaps you could have used a larger aperture and played with distance from subject to keep the concrete rail at the same focus amount?

#1 is ok, but the left... err, right... err left eye... yeah, right eye is too dark. So much that it is very distracting.

1. over whites blown out.
3. and 4. out of this gorup I like these two.
4. has the best composition, remember the rule of thirds when getting your compostion.

Thank you for the input everyone!

I like the idea of 2, but I'm wondering why you focused on that one spot to take the photo of it. Looking at the photo how it is, I ask myself what is the subject? A gap in the cement? Sorry, but there is nothing there of any interest.

3... the background takes away from the photo.
4. The best one of the four... but doesn't hold my interest.

Try this the next time you are out taking photos. Ask yourself 3 questions.

1. What am I taking a photo of (subject)
2. What can I do to draw attention to it (focusing, rule of thirds, line of site, converging lines etc.)
3. What is in the photo that distracts away from the subject.

Hope that helps.

S

#1, the cat's right eye is wayyy too dark, almost looks like a concave eye socket. Whites are blown out~no detail.

#2, overall, it's a flat image, not to mention boring. Sorry. It happens to the best of us -_-

#3, the blurred space to the right really does nothing for the photo, but distract... perhaps if you just do a close crop it can work?

#4, The strongest image of the set, but the blur is just TOO much.

I really like #1 and it makes me miss my boys. (cats of course.)
I have to agree that #2 is kind of boring, I'm interested as to how you got the shot however. Just holding the camera over the edge?
#3 is "Ehh," I love the wheat and have always liked wheat shots but the background is so boring. Composition wise I think its pretty good just not interesting enough.
#4 Definitely the best out of the set, hands down. Good colors, focus, composition. I dig it.

#1, the cat's right eye is wayyy too dark, almost looks like a concave eye socket. Whites are blown out~no detail.

#2, overall, it's a flat image, not to mention boring. Sorry. It happens to the best of us -_-

#3, the blurred space to the right really does nothing for the photo, but distract... perhaps if you just do a close crop it can work?

#4, The strongest image of the set, but the blur is just TOO much.

I really like #1 and it makes me miss my boys. (cats of course.)
I have to agree that #2 is kind of boring, I'm interested as to how you got the shot however. Just holding the camera over the edge?
#3 is "Ehh," I love the wheat and have always liked wheat shots but the background is so boring. Composition wise I think its pretty good just not interesting enough.
#4 Definitely the best out of the set, hands down. Good colors, focus, composition. I dig it.

#1 was tricky because I used spot metering to get the eye to expose well, but it still left a large gap in the dynamic rang of the photo, To get that better, I would need to start utilizing catchlights/off camera strobing... Does that sound like a good idea?

What drew me to #2 was the lines formed by the bridge, I found the perspective pleasing.

Thanks for the C & C.

Most reactions

Back