A few pics

cminus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cminusphotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few pics of the wife and some self portraits. These was my first time actually taking photos in a "planned" scenario...i wasnt paying much attention to light (this was taken back in September?) but I am trying now to really focus on proper lighting and composition....in any case, it was overcast like a mofoSerious Modeling by cminusphotos, on FlickrClosed Eyes by cminusphotos, on FlickrLook Away Fish by cminusphotos, on FlickrAlley by cminusphotos, on FlickrHere are a few self portraits I took with a portrait light board I saw on a video on DIY Photography....basically xmas lights affixed to a flat reflective board with a hole in the center (the camera goes there)....I then strung the rest behind me to create the circle looking lights. Made from USPS Priority mail boxes and labels (Free) lol...Emo Look Away by cminusphotos, on FlickrSerious Catchlight by cminusphotos, on FlickrWhaaaa by cminusphotos, on Flickr

Last edited:
Glasses in photos are always a problem, they draw attention - and your wife has that 'i'm bored, a bit angry and I really don't give a crap about this' look.

678274875164b0590996zll.jpg

Thank you for the feedback Traveller that is precisely the emotion I was trying to convey from her as it was one of the first shots. I asked her to just take a deep breath and show her TRUE emotion at that moment to relax, so it appears that it worked. :)

What exactly is the arrow pointing too? is there a reflection of me shooting, i cant tell?

Also thanks LuckySe7en....

side note ,....Does cropping my picture count as editing it?

Thank you for the feedback Traveller that is precisely the emotion I was trying to convey from her as it was one of the first shots. I asked her to just take a deep breath and show her TRUE emotion at that moment to relax, so it appears that it worked. :)

What exactly is the arrow pointing too? is there a reflection of me shooting, i cant tell?

Are you asking me about cropping being editing, in order to mention that you don't want your pictures edited?

Not at all, I thank u for the feedback. Sorry if you inferred that from my post, no need to get all defensive lol... nice siggy btw!

Last edited:

Glasses have the unfortunate property of causing diffraction on the temples of the wearer.. and that is what the arrow is pointing at. See how her temple does not line up with the outline of her face on either side of the glasses? :)

I don't think that look works.
I made a mistake posting here; I sort of avoid posting where the do not edit sign is up.

I like the 3rd one the best. Thanks for posting.

Glasses have the unfortunate property of causing diffraction on the temples of the wearer.. and that is what the arrow is pointing at. See how her temple does not line up with the outline of her face on either side of the glasses? :)

I had the same problem photographing someone with glasses. What is a good technique to get rid of the glare?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back