A few Reverse Macros

dream rider

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This was my first attempt at reverse macros...i never realized how short the focal length was! anyways, let me know what you think!

DSC_00088.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Thanks!

Jeff

looks like you're having the same problem i was... very narrow DOF and soft images. i like how the flower one looks, was this just done with the lens held on the camera backwards or do you have a reverse mount?

i was just holding it, my digi lense doesnt actualy work for this, so i was using my old pentax film lense for it, its realy fun, but as you mentioned pretty hard, but yea, i was just holding it onto the camera.

Jeff

did the digital lens not work because of the non adjustable aperture while not attached to the camera?

what lense did you use to take these?

The mere joy of this kind of "play" is such fun, though, isn't it?
To realise how much you can magnify things by just turning around the lens?!
I can make use of the kit lens my EOS came with, and depending on what focal length I go for, I get more or less magnification. When I set the lens to 18mm, I get most magnification but have to almost TOUCH my subject with it to get it into focus, and DOF is less than hair-thin, and when I use the full 55mm, magnification is there, but a lot less, and it is easier to photograph, but the effect is, of course, not quite so STUNNING.

I have recently tried the 50mm lens for this technique, but apparently light was too low, so none of the pics turned out. I deleted them right away. I might feel inclined to try today ... it is sunny. Enough light there...

This thread is inspiring me. :D

well theres a first i think for me, i've never inspired anyone with my pics before i don't think! and as for the digi lense not working, i think it is becuase of the no adjusting the aperture, so shorty i think you're right there.

and Polygon i used a really old (from '76 if it came with my old cam) Pentax lense. It doesnt actualy say the size of it on it anywhere, im not entirely sure why, perhaps it got scratched off, but its a fixed lense, and its pretty small...i have a zoom, but i couldnt get it to focus.

Jeff

flower turned out really good, maybe some post-processing, levels should remove this "foggy" look...

couple of my own, e500 zd 40-150+14-45, with homemade ring coupler to connect, it's extremly hard to focus holding lens in front of other, much easier with coupler...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back