A few shots from the engagement shoot today..

Raian-san

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just did this for a friend of mine that's getting married in 3 weeks. C&C welcome. Thanks. All of these shots were done with the 85mm 1.8. I shot a bunch with the 28mm 1.8 as well but I haven't load it to edit so this is it for now.

1)
6747261877_9a2ea12829_b.jpg

2)

6746984849_af9c07c606_b.jpg

3)

6746954181_15b033362a_b.jpg

4)

6747134899_2bd2e39885_b.jpg

Nice images, sharp, (except I am not a fan of the OOF dress in #3) colour looks good, but there is nothing in the images themselves that tell me this is for an engagement - they all say wedding to me - white dress, flowers...there is no picture of the engagement ring, or anything else - maybe your customs are different from ours, maybe not, but if they are, then a word or two of explanation would be useful. My 0.02¢.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thx for the comment...well this is shot before the wedding...not sure how you would call it. Prewedding shoot?

Thx for the comment...well this is shot before the wedding...not sure how you would call it. Prewedding shoot?

Interesting, so it really wasn't an engagement shot(?). Not sure what I would call it then. Why the flowers and why the white dress? Is this some sort of pre-wedding ceremony, or just some shots in advance of the wedding, in other words, was this some special occassion? Just curious, that's all.

I like the first two - there is the feeling of intimacy and closeness with the couple, although the door is a little distracting in #2. The third one - well I gave you my opinion on the OOF dress. The last one is just a snapshot - nice one though.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Well in today's engagement type shoot, they could wear their wedding outfit to shoot so they can have a Guestbook and the big print out in canvas to be shown at their wedding reception. Guestbook I guess casual clothes is okay, their big Canvas or whatever print they wanted to be shown at the recpetion, wearing jeans wouldn't be that nice. But it's up to the couple, I do what they want.

we might be able to chalk up part of the confusion to location/customs/language barriers? :)

#3 is money.

The rest I feel like the content is not strong enough.

#3 is nice.
#1 her pose looks funny. Was she laughing or about to laugh?
#4 the umbrella is distracting.

And you cut his hand in #1.

I don't think they are awful. Skin tones look nice, they are clear and well exposed. Simple things that are probably personal, I don't like how the column splits the couple in #1, and while she's got what I call a "stupid face" (usually in reference to my own goofy faces!) its full of emotion and thats important. #2 I'm not sure about, the composition is off for me I think but darn if I can figure out why. Maybe the door behind is either not blurred enough to too blurred. I love #3, I like that the dress is oof because the focus for that shot is on the bouquet. And #4 is so sweet, but that umbrella is awful :/ I can't even see a different crop there.

Edit to add, the pics before the wedding is usually called the Sneak Peek :D Since a lot of our customs usually include the bride and groom not seeing each other before the ceremony, a lot have taken to doing the Sneak Peek and having a few minutes of alone time together before the wedding.

Last edited:
I don't think they are awful. Skin tones look nice, they are clear and well exposed. Simple things that are probably personal, I don't like how the column splits the couple in #1, and while she's got what I call a "stupid face" (usually in reference to my own goofy faces!) its full of emotion and thats important. #2 I'm not sure about, the composition is off for me I think but darn if I can figure out why. Maybe the door behind is either not blurred enough to too blurred. I love #3, I like that the dress is oof because the focus for that shot is on the bouquet. And #4 is so sweet, but that umbrella is awful :/ I can't even see a different crop there.

Edit to add, the pics before the wedding is usually called the Sneak Peak :D Since a lot of our customs usually include the bride and groom not seeing each other before the ceremony, a lot have taken to doing the Sneak Peak and having a few minutes of alone time together before the wedding.

Peek

hahaha ima dork. Haven't finished my coffee yet?

I'd call them bridals/groomals. Yes groomals is a stupid word but this kind of session is quite popular where I live.

Most reactions

Back