A few shots I took today C+C if you dont mind!

Dom6663

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are a couple macro shots I took today. I know there is a Macro Photography section, but its not as active (from what I see) as general. And im not specifically a macro photographer, or anything for that matter
up_close_iii_by_delosphotos-d46xp7g.jpg

up_close_ii_by_delosphotos-d46x93g.jpg

up_close_by_delosphotos-d46x6yp.jpg

Anything you have to say is appreciated!

I sort of like these, they have a rather ephemeral look to them. Almost a suggestion of a stalk of grain. Pretty interesting really, but they fail as examples of macro photography.

To be honest I wasn't too clear on what type of photography I should label them as. Sure they are macro by definition (actually taken mere centimeters away from the subject) but at the same time they arent.

The second and third are very neat. Second is quite subtle...almost an abstract painting sort of effect. Very cool.

The text on the third pretty much made me want to yack, however.

Yay.. another Colorado member.

I like these photos. Good job!

Second is quite subtle...almost an abstract painting sort of effect. Very cool.
You took the words out of my fingertips. Number 2 runs away with the prize, and it's not even close. Beautiful and ethereal. Looks like something produced by mishele (the master of this unique macro/abstract style).

The second and third are very neat. Second is quite subtle...almost an abstract painting sort of effect. Very cool.

The text on the third pretty much made me want to yack, however.

In retrospect, It doesn't fit all too well.

img0037ce.jpg

Better. Well, in my opinion anyway.

Some people love that kind of thing. I personally find it distracting and feel that it massively cheapens any image. Your image should speak for itself and the interpretation should be in the mind of the viewer... putting your words on it forces a point that may not be there for those who look at it, and thus can alter the experience artificially.

Again, though... that's just my opinion. It's your art. You do with it what you please.

I absolutely love them, 3 in particular. It has a feel to it I can't express in words, which is rare. Good job!

All superb abstracts. Really beautiful. Was this done in-camera or in post?

However, if there's one thing I can't stand it's whimsical, nonsensical, "Deep and meaningful" riddles!

However, if there's one thing I can't stand it's whimsical, nonsensical, "Deep and meaningful" riddles!

The only one of these that is edited at all is the first one, Just moved a few sliders to give it a warmer feel. the other are as taken, just cropped

Most reactions

New Topics

Back