What's new

A foggy day on Takhlakh Lake

I really, really like the symmetry and abstraction on #1. Don't be tempted to make it b/w, this is very much a color image.
 
Thank you, and no worries on turning it to b/w. I definitely agree the tad bit of color adds to the image, and I'm no good at converting in any case :)
 
I myself would use a very slow shutter speed. It smoothens out the mist, makes the water look very still, and can make the reflection very detailed
 
I like the idea, ok, and would prob want to see it as an alternate, but i'd fear you'd start getting into the "misty/dreamy/gauzy" cliche.
 
I also think a slower shutter speed might obscure too much of the trees. It was moving around quite a bit and pretty thick as it was.
 
I see what you mean. But I can see that your photos get brighter and brighter each time, that means the sun was coming out and it can take away some mist
 
I'm stuck between 1 & 2. I like the fact that 1 shows the reflected trees & shore on the still water. 2 shows a bit more detail on the trees but is a bit too close to take in the reflection on the water. By the time you get to 3, the water is no longer calm or reflective.
 
at first I didn't think I liked the fact that the water line was dead center in 1, but as I stared at it, it grew on me and I do like the symmetry of it. Win for me.

I don't think slow shutter would be better, I kinda like the texture of the fog...that would be lost and to me, venture into unrealistic. Would be cool to shoot it slow to see what would happen, but I'm thinking I would like it as is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom