A Friend

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All natural light, no fill, no flash, nothing but a fading sun filtered through a plethora of vines.

$9536660947_9cfcfe97d1_o.jpg

I like this a lot, for reasons I cannot quite grasp. It's so simple and straightforward.

She is awesome. The dress works well with/against the foliage. The shawl is just the thing to frame her and separate her from the background.

I like this portrait. Very simple, very subdued. The chair is rendered with the most minimal clues as to its presence. Her feet anchor the lower right corner, and the strong, repeating diagonals in her summery dress and her shawl create a strong visual interest for her face. She's shown against a simple, dark, natural backdrop, with some dark corners, and the one light corner down by her feet. She is lighter than the background, and so she stands out very nicely. All in all, this is a very successful portrait. This shot is going to hold up well for a long time.

I just made the digital negative for a platinum print I'll likely do tomorrow. This one is a keeper for me. Thanks for all the kudos.

I just made the digital negative for a platinum print I'll likely do tomorrow. This one is a keeper for me. Thanks for all the kudos.

Ah, now you're talking! You'll have to post the Pt/Pd when it's finished - I'd love to see it. :)

I like this portrait. Very simple, very subdued. The chair is rendered with the most minimal clues as to its presence. Her feet anchor the lower right corner, and the strong, repeating diagonals in her summery dress and her shawl create a strong visual interest for her face. She's shown against a simple, dark, natural backdrop, with some dark corners, and the one light corner down by her feet. She is lighter than the background, and so she stands out very nicely. All in all, this is a very successful portrait. This shot is going to hold up well for a long time.

I was going to say that exactly.

Agree with all of the above.
I wish that her earrings weren't such a bright spark.

Had to make them brighter as the contrast range in a PT/PD print requires more contrast than less. For them to show adequately, I had to pop them artificially.

Ah, now you're talking! You'll have to post the Pt/Pd when it's finished - I'd love to see it. :)

It's got to quit raining...I need lots of open light to do my exposure.

Most reactions

Back