A jeep that made me smile....

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We spent the day at the lake last week and the campsite next to us was so interesting. Im usually not a street photographer. I don't generally have any interest in the subject at all, but apparently I need to learn it a bit for when the mood strikes me. Anyways, the older gentlemen next to us would have made such great subjects. They had a very "rough" look to them. Their tents and camping equptment were straight out of the past. (70's perhaps?) . Giant metal poles, that funny brightish green color, and then this jeep! This jeep made me smile. I LOVED the radio on top with the tin foil "reception extender." I REALLY wanted to ask one of them to pose by it, but they looked MEAN, and they kept staring. (This was before I snuck around taking pictures of the jeep) My DH waved once when he caught them and the guy just glared and turned his head. Anyways, I thought it best not to ask in this case. So I hid behind our trailer and tried to get the best angle I could without them seeing me. The back had some funny stickers but I couldn't capture those without being seen. I felt um....sneaky.... trying to get this in, and I really wish I would have been brave enough to take a few more. I totally wasn't thinking "Shoot from the hip" Perhaps if I had I would have tried a few more. I guess I will file that away for next time.

I was trying to bring focus onto the radio, but the side view had an ugly camping chair in the way- hence the strange crop. Do you think I achieved this with the frontal shot? I really struggle with PP, What could I have improved on in that aspect?
As always, C&C, tips for the future, and anything else you have to add is very much appreciated!
$14488460902_bcdc97d1c6_c.jpg$14302861570_f950a733de_c.jpg

A sight that definitely makes you question what decade we woke up in. It is an interesting subject. Too bad you couldn't get from a few different angles and play more with the crops but not worth a horror movie scene playing out :). Beautiful country there in the background as well.

Nice looking Willys Wagon. It's either 1950's or 1960's era. I believe that body style was discontinued in '63 or so. The way I can tell is the somewhat squared off rear fender wells. The 1946-1949 had round wells in back, flat fenders and a flat grill. They did not come in 4wd until 1949.

A sight that definitely makes you question what decade we woke up in. It is an interesting subject. Too bad you couldn't get from a few different angles and play more with the crops but not worth a horror movie scene playing out :). Beautiful country there in the background as well.
Haha! Yes, it is a beautiful place to be, and he camping is free!
Nice looking Willys Wagon. It's either 1950's or 1960's era. I believe that body style was discontinued in '63 or so. The way I can tell is the somewhat squared off rear fender wells. The 1946-1949 had round wells in back, flat fenders and a flat grill. They did not come in 4wd until 1949.

I don't remember what the back looks like, but my DH probably does. He's a database of car and automotive history knowledge. Though he mostly focuses on drag racing and racing facts, he does know quite a bit about I all, and pays attention to the details. I'll have to ask him when we get to chat next!

I like the DOF on the first one and the bits of rust showing with it dripping with age. I actually wish the radio wasn't there blocking the hood vent but that's just personal preference.

You've made me curious about the stickers on the back. Probably people of my own kind.

I like the DOF on the first one and the bits of rust showing with it dripping with age. I actually wish the radio wasn't there blocking the hood vent but that's just personal preference.
I'm not sure I would have been so drawn to it, had it NOT had the radio. Though, you're right that it could have been better located.
You've made me curious about the stickers on the back. Probably people of my own kind.
I can't for the life of me remember what they said, but they were more "decals" than bumper stickers....some little "jeep" tidbits. Individual Lettering only not like a square sticker. Does that make sense? It was the same orange as the bottom color, on top of the yellow. I'm really kicking myself for not trying harder!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back