What's new

A King is born

MatchlessArts

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
413
Reaction score
83
sharing a photo of my son and wife, enjoy :)

395846_462067003825066_191949425_n.jpg
 
Idea is fine, the tree right "in the face" less.
It is your first ? Congratulations.
 
Very good; please trim out the tree in fron and some space from back so that she is not at the center

Regards :D
 
Not working for me.

Light is too harsh. Composition is strained. Dad is poking through the bushes in the background. It just comes off as contrived and unnatural.

Had you shot this in gold hour with some fill and more attention to composition, it might have worked.
 
Rotanimod said:
Not working for me.

Light is too harsh. Composition is strained. Dad is poking through the bushes in the background. It just comes off as contrived and unnatural.

Had you shot this in gold hour with some fill and more attention to composition, it might have worked.

I agree! As a normal non-photographer family snapshot I think it's pretty cool though :)
 
Looks like she's throwing the kid off the mountain. Seriously. I think it's because her arms aren't more straight.

Cute enough idea, just needs more in the execution department. I agree with the other comments as well.
 
On a close up, i feel there is a point in what Manny says; the boy should have been held facing mom
I was mentioning such a trim
 
I thing the concept was holding the child up to God so for me the kids position is right.
 
lol thanks everyone for your comments but this wasnt supposed to be a "professional" moment. This was just a photo I came across from our trip this summer and I wanted to share. I love that we instantly jump into photographer mode though hahaha, love this forum.

Cheers
 
On a close up, i feel there is a point in what Manny says; the boy should have been held facing mom

I thing the concept was holding the child up to God so for me the kids position is right.

I could be wrong--but I *think* what the OP was going for here was a Lion King re-enactment, like this.

It's a cute idea, but falls a little short, for me. The mom just can't thrust the kid out there like Rafiki did, and there are too many distracting objects, especially the tree in the foreground.
Still, shots like this aren't necessarily meant to win awards--it's more about the memories it will hold.
Personally, I'd have worried that I'd drop the baby and dash its little head on that rock. Which is likely why Mom didn't try to thrust it out any further. :D
 
MatchlessArts said:
lol thanks everyone for your comments but this wasnt supposed to be a "professional" moment. This was just a photo I came across from our trip this summer and I wanted to share. I love that we instantly jump into photographer mode though hahaha, love this forum.

Cheers

No prob :)
 
timor said:
Only "professional" has to be shot right ?

Don't be ridiculous. Just let it go

Why ridiculous? The OP posted the shot in a critique gallery and there are other areas to post if feedback wasn't the aim.


Aren't the galleries meant for people to post their best (current or recent) work, or work they feel others could help them with? Not really the place to post family snaps.
 
Fred Berg said:
Why ridiculous? The OP posted the shot in a critique gallery and there are other areas to post if feedback wasn't the aim.

Aren't the galleries meant for people to post their best (current or recent) work, or work they feel others could help them with? Not really the place to post family snaps.

From what I've gathered, he wanted the opinions of that moment in time, not how well it was shot. Personally I feel like it should have been in the just for fun section but either way I don't see that much of a deal here. If it didn't belong in this forum topic than an admin would have moved it. So when/if they see it, it will be the final verdict. Just keep scrolling, it's not the end of the world :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom