What's new

A Kinky Collage

So, I need to know the lyrics to an obscure Kinks song from 1967 in order to appreciate this photo collage?
 
Generally speaking, if you need to go into great detail to explain a set of images; the images don't work as a set.

I think this is one of those cases.

Not to say that you can't enjoy it how you envisioned it, Fred. It's just that no one else appears to be able to.
 
Since there is no writing anywhere. Couldn't you invert the images so they could flow left to right? Thats gonna be pretty tough to grasp for any culture who doesn't read right to left.
 
So, I need to know the lyrics to an obscure Kinks song from 1967 in order to appreciate this photo collage?

You know, when you read a piece of literature and the author makes a reference to an external source, some of those reading will recognise this reference for what it is (because they share the author's experience/education/knowledge) and others will be inspired to look into it and find out more; yet others will read over this reference without even noticing it. That's okay, that's art.

Generally speaking, if you need to go into great detail to explain a set of images; the images don't work as a set.

I think this is one of those cases.

Not to say that you can't enjoy it how you envisioned it, Fred. It's just that no one else appears to be able to.

I agree and I don't agree with you here. The reference to the song will have been picked up on by some without the need of my explanations, but I have provided these in response to peoples comments/requests in an attempt to make the piece more accessible. Nevertheless, as you say, it can still be viewed (possibly also enjoyed) as is.



Since there is no writing anywhere. Couldn't you invert the images so they could flow left to right? Thats gonna be pretty tough to grasp for any culture who doesn't read right to left.

Already done!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom