A Late Fall Waterfall

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been going back through old photos that I never edited for one reason or another and messing around. I've come across a couple pretty good ones. This is actually a shot from Fall 2009 that I never edited until now...hope you like.
p574366738-4.jpg

Don't know why i, i generally dislike slow shutter images of water falls. I feel it spoils the vigour of the real thing substituting it with a silky softness; Do you have a fast shutter one of the same scene? i wanna compare which works better ;)

Regards :D

Don't know why i, i generally dislike slow shutter images of water falls. I feel it spoils the vigour of the real thing substituting it with a silky softness; Do you have a fast shutter one of the same scene? i wanna compare which works better ;)

I like both personally. I like the smooth silky look and I like the hard look as well...just depends on my mood. The image below is same location...different time and obviously a different edit, but shows both ways....I like them both, but the B&W below is actually hanging on the wall in my living room (of course I just edited the one above so don't know which I prefer).
p771117184-4.jpg

As you can see it's a bit of a mess area with all the sticks and stuff....the blurred, long shutter hides a lot of that.

Hey,
In B&W version, it is difficult to feel that there is running water at all(except on the vertical fall). I think this would look fantastic in its colour version; so please post that also

Hey,
In B&W version, it is difficult to feel that there is running water at all(except on the vertical fall). I think this would look fantastic in its colour version; so please post that also

I never edited it in color so B&W is all there is on that one.

Slow shutter speeds and water can become very cliche if there's nothing else in the photo; however there's a lot more going on in this one. My eyes move across the bridge, the trees, water, etc. The branches on the right provide framing and perspective. The color variety is also very nice. The fuzzy water works in this photo. Sky is washed out, but who cares? Nice.

How much time did the exposition took? Very nice!

Most reactions

Back