A little bit of attitude....

Local community college or a university? and where at?

Oh Kansas.. fun.. You must be a military wife?!

I think the poses are very sexy. Maybe the lighting and postprocessing could make them look a little better, but what I find more amazing is that you're doing all these alone and with a Point and Shoot. I find that pretty amazing.

I think the poses are very sexy. Maybe the lighting and postprocessing could make them look a little better, but what I find more amazing is that you're doing all these alone and with a Point and Shoot. I find that pretty amazing.

i like the background of the door, it fits the mood of these very well. school will help you, but you will learn more, and get better and really become a great photographer when you come up with your own techniques, your own styles, something that school can't really help you with too much.

you have a very nice body and beautiful eyes so defiantly do not stop practicing. To eliminate the crease in the third one stand a while before taking the shot (take the standing ones first, then the sitting ones).

I looked up your camera, you see the dial that says "P,A,S,M" and then a few pictures? spin it to A thats aperture mode, that will allow you to change the diameter of the "iris" in the lens (think of it as your pupil, when its bright your pupil gets smaller to limit the light, when its dark your pupil gets bigger to allow more light in) this works the EXACT same way. F-stop is just the way the size of the opening is measured, a smaller fstop f8 for example is a bigger opening than f13.

This is one of the best modes to use when doing portraits, as you change your fstop it will automatically change the shutter speed. adding another light source to these shots would help a lot, you can get a really cheap clip lamp and 50 watt bulb from the home depot or any hardware store for like 10$.

i look forward to more of your work

i like the background of the door, it fits the mood of these very well. school will help you, but you will learn more, and get better and really become a great photographer when you come up with your own techniques, your own styles, something that school can't really help you with too much.

you have a very nice body and beautiful eyes so defiantly do not stop practicing. To eliminate the crease in the third one stand a while before taking the shot (take the standing ones first, then the sitting ones).

I looked up your camera, you see the dial that says "P,A,S,M" and then a few pictures? spin it to A thats aperture mode, that will allow you to change the diameter of the "iris" in the lens (think of it as your pupil, when its bright your pupil gets smaller to limit the light, when its dark your pupil gets bigger to allow more light in) this works the EXACT same way. F-stop is just the way the size of the opening is measured, a smaller fstop f8 for example is a bigger opening than f13.

This is one of the best modes to use when doing portraits, as you change your fstop it will automatically change the shutter speed. adding another light source to these shots would help a lot, you can get a really cheap clip lamp and 50 watt bulb from the home depot or any hardware store for like 10$.

i look forward to more of your work

Wow thank you so much! I think I had it set on the s which is I believe the shutter speed when I was taking the photos. You've helped so much now to tackle getting the right openings and lighting. :D

yup S is shutter priority, better when you want to control motion in a picture. Glad i could help :)

Just my 2¢ worth, but I would think Aperture priority would lend itself to portraiture, fully Manual would be better. But controlling depth of field (DoF) would take priority with a stationary model.

Just my 2¢ worth, but I would think Aperture priority would lend itself to portraiture, fully Manual would be better. But controlling depth of field (DoF) would take priority with a stationary model.

Thank you I'll play around with the settings and see what I can get outta it.

Apeture is something I have been playing with alot lately. I've only been serious about my photography for just over 12 months (hobby addict, not profession) as my new camera gave me full control of those settings. Try this. Place something on a coffee table, a plant or a candle and try not to have your background any closer than a few feet. If you can control your A settings, take the same picture with say a 2.8 then again with a 5. Be sure you have the object on the table in focus all the time then compare your results. The lower the number, the more out of focus the background will be. As you up the number, the background will get clearer, not fully focused, but clearer but bare in mind that the shutter will slow down too in order to let the extra light in so have good lighting. this will help you to understand how apeture works. I hope it makes sense coming from someone who is learning themselves.

I agree with what some else said, those first couple do you a great injustice but keep at it.

Apeture is something I have been playing with alot lately. I've only been serious about my photography for just over 12 months (hobby addict, not profession) as my new camera gave me full control of those settings. Try this. Place something on a coffee table, a plant or a candle and try not to have your background any closer than a few feet. If you can control your A settings, take the same picture with say a 2.8 then again with a 5. Be sure you have the object on the table in focus all the time then compare your results. The lower the number, the more out of focus the background will be. As you up the number, the background will get clearer, not fully focused, but clearer but bare in mind that the shutter will slow down too in order to let the extra light in so have good lighting. this will help you to understand how apeture works. I hope it makes sense coming from someone who is learning themselves.

I agree with what some else said, those first couple do you a great injustice but keep at it.

Great, I'll try that and see if it helps me. The thing is I have to put a lense on it to beable to change the opening right? I haven't played around with them much, but here is the link to the camera I have and all the stuff that came with it. Maybe you can help me with this...

http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/from-nextag.asp?id=964722658&rf=wnt&dfdate=11_24_2007

It looks like you have a built in lens(36-432 mm f/2.8-4.8 ) with an aperture of f2.8-4.8. This means you have f2.8 (very shallow DOF more light faster shutter) at 36mm and 4.8 (still pretty shallow less light slower shutter) at 432mm. These are the largest aperture settings possible. Your camera will allow you to manually adjust. Im sure you can go all the way up to f 30 or so. One way to compensate for low light is higher ISO at the cost of lower image quality.

I'm not sure I understand how these shots would benefit from an aperture change?

Concerning the focus...Aren't you like using the timer and then jumping in front of it or do you have a wireless remote? It's really hard to nail the focus without a wired or wireless remote?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back