A lonely walk.

kylerimb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this one last month in Ludington, MI. Went out to the lighthouse to try for some shots and this guy came walking up. so i waited until he started walking back towards the beach and shot away. this is the one that i like the best. As i haven't a clue about manual settings yet (still reading and trying to understand it) this shot was full auto.

lonelywalkerbw1024x768jl7.jpg

feel free to comment, just be gentle.
my.php

I like the mono, but I think if you're going that route, it needs some grain so it has that lonely, desolate feel...observe (;))

2638046127_d127caeab2_o.jpg

Maybe just a little more than I added...or not, but this was just a quick edit. I Love the Photograph though!:lovey:

thanks for the comments.

i never thought about adding grain to it. that looks more like what i was trying to achieve as the end product. i guess that's what i get for playing around at 4am...

4am is one of the best times of day to play around with things. Its quite, there is no light coming through the blinds to skew your monitor's color, no one is pestering you to do something else, and you dont think things through so you get a much more instinctive look. I think you could get rid of some of the sky as it does not really add anything. I agree that the grain adds some feeling to the shot and I also like the b&w better than the mono.

4am is one of the best times of day to play around with things. Its quite, there is no light coming through the blinds to skew your monitor's color, no one is pestering you to do something else, and you dont think things through so you get a much more instinctive look. I think you could get rid of some of the sky as it does not really add anything. I agree that the grain adds some feeling to the shot and I also like the b&w better than the mono.

I agree, and I cropped with a cursory nod to the rule of thirds and an attempt to make the dominant line run to the corner:

2638046127_d127caeab2_o953.jpg

I really like that last edit a lot.

the grain definitely made a difference.

Most reactions

Back