A moth .. I think

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found this guy on the ground. Had bright red wings and white spots on its back. Made for a good stage shot. I made a soft box out of a Dr. Pepper 12 pack box, some foil, and a trash bag.
Used it here. CC welcome.
4877558332_6435ecba23_b.jpg

4876940433_fed24f38b0_b.jpg

I think I need to upgrade my macro lens ... 50mm has a very short focus distance ... hmm, the Minolta AF 200mm f/4 MACRO APO G seems good.

Anyone got a spare one they want to get rid of ?

Looks like some of that butterfly's pixels are broken Bryan.

Moths have feathery antenna.
What are you seeing for the broken pixels? I have noticed some red dots before but they are only in RAW format. hmm Maybe I need a 7D! .. See what your doing to me Ron? lol
Here is a full shot of the bug. I dont know what it is.
IMG_0296.jpg

Antenna looks like a moth to me rather than butterfly. THose first couple closeups are nice shots. I find that serrated edge look of the antenna to be the dead giveaway for me that it is a moth....see a lot moths with that type instead of the smooth slender antenna of a butterfly.

Yeah I wish I was able to get a ID on it. It was I.treating looking. I have.looked online with no luck. I might try bugguide when get time.
I wanted to do a stack but he was moving a lot and until I get helicon (spelling) stack I want to wait. They have a cool 3d option I want to try too!

Most reactions

Back