A new path

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A new walkway is being built in what used to be a dingey alley way as the city hopes to clean up it's appearance

Canon EF - FD 50mm - f/16 - 1/1 - ISO 800
scan0070.jpg

Larger Copy Here

C&C are welcome

Converted
scan0070_2.jpg

Larger Copy Here

Looks ok, but might look more "photojournalistic" with less intense orange colours (or even in full black&white?). I don't know in how far you have influence on the light sources and their effect on the film you use, whether you would need to apply this kind of filter when you have a daylight film in the camera for nighttime/streetlight photos, or whether you would need to use a special sort of film designed for artificial light sources ... but somehow this photo is very orange. And I feel that takes away from its photojournalistic character.

Looks ok, but might look more "photojournalistic" with less intense orange colours (or even in full black&white?). I don't know in how far you have influence on the light sources and their effect on the film you use, whether you would need to apply this kind of filter when you have a daylight film in the camera for nighttime/streetlight photos, or whether you would need to use a special sort of film designed for artificial light sources ... but somehow this photo is very orange. And I feel that takes away from its photojournalistic character.

I had this Photo here with me yesterday but did not post it due to having no Idea as to where to post it, after some debate I elected to put it here knowing that there was a possibility of being inappropriate (for lack of a better term.)

As for the light I have no filters and thus have no real controll over the light color, I am not sure if it's a product of the light reflecting off the bricks or what but it was in fact orange.

You could be right about the B/W, I'll do a conversion after work and see how it turnns out.

Converted copy posted, I left the color copy up for direct comparison so....

Thoughts?

Deleted a post so I could bump this due to lack of comments. :oops: As this path draws closer to completion I plan on getting a shot of the final results and would like more insight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back