A nice Hiney

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Beer. Sheesh guys, what did you think I was talking about? Anyway, how is this? I'm trying new things with my limited education on lighting, so this is how I learn-by trying.

Heineken by longm1985, on Flickr

How can I improve the next time I shoot one? I'm using a single softbox (not the strip light) and a flash under the "table" to add the glow.

The bottle needs more diffuse highlight on the neck...or more light on the background behind, to prevent the neck of the bottle from blending in so much with the background. The edge of the table has an uneven brightness that would look better corrected. I wonder what the background would look like with a flash added to it?

I like the green part of the bottle, but then it drops off to black...not enjoying that. Have you thought about cutting a paper reflector for right behind the bottle?

I like that idea with the reflector. I tried a different position with the light to use the film in my Nikon F, so there is that coming. The background is kinda folded over because it's a sheet draped over a lighting stand and a Manfrotto IV pole (I NEED to change that...) with nothing supporting the middle. So it's time to invest in another light stand and a cross bar to hold a background, apparently. And a background. UGH I just hemorrhage money with this job. :lol:

Well, if you want a cheap background stand, take two 30 inch pieces of 2x6 and two 7-foot lengths of 2x4 board, and affix the boards upright in the center of the 2x6 pieces, to make "stands". Drill a hole near the top of the 2x4 uprights for a piece of round pipe to go through. BOOM! Two "stands". You can also use these stands to support "sheet" backgrounds made of foam insulation boards or poster board or whatnot.

Hmm. I may have to try this... Would free up a stand and IV pole for lighting... Maybe if I can make it collapsible or able to be taken down, it won't take over my house too... Hmmm....

I learned how to eliminate that glass cut line. I did it on the splash pics I posted last night. I'm gonna eliminate them here to see what I can do.

Quick, 5 minute edit. It's getting there. Not there yet, obviously.

$IMG_0435_PS.jpg

Came in expecting a nice rear end of a car.

Still a nice shot though. I wonder if a CPL would "fix" the reflection on the glass though. I like the brightness, but I don't like the solid white line along the neck of the bottle.

I tried this at my desk the other day and realized how hard it is to use a flash on reflective things though. Really hard to tone down and make the reflections less harsh / obvious.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back