jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$collage1 copy.jpg
$diptych2 copy.jpg
$diptych4 copy.jpg

were these photos found in the bottle? they look very sun-aged...

The processing seems a bit inconsistent. ie: in each collage the bottle images (bottom right in top) (bottom left in bottom) look much cooler than the others, and making it look like they don't belong in the collage properly. These all look very orange to me.....I would adjust some hue/luminance/saturation levels possibly. Also where some look a little underexposed. I think I know what you were going for in the very bottom left image but it just doesn't work for me......I feel like the people should be a little closer to the bottle/too far in the left upper corner of the image for my liking.
I am not a huge fan of these......I feel like they are very posed and not really capturing a natural moment. But that's just me and my thoughts........ :)

That's what self tanner will do to you... ;)

Agree about the inconsistency in the processing. I still can't figure out which I like best. I prefer the color of the water in the second, but the sky in the third.

The faded look isn't for all, but I like it so I use it :)

Braineak, where in NoVA?

Are you using actions on these? The tone looks very off and unnatural?

This really doesn't seem like your work Jess; the "faded" look on these just seems hazy, rather like you had condensation on the lens elements or something, and I agree with the 'posed' comment; more like they're going to be used in an ad for a cut-rate jewellery store.

if you like the washed out look, I wont bother commenting on that aspect.
I think for the full body shots, the people don't command enough prominence in the frame. They seem small in the scene, almost like they are not the centerpiece of the picture.
As for the picture with the bottle in the foreground...This picture kinda looks to me like you were trying to take a picture of the couple off in the distance, but some bit of leftovers on the beach snagged your cameras focus.
the collage piece might be the best of the set, but the WB and color seems to be different in each of the pictures.

I was having problems with condensation, come to think of it. First beach shoot ever, and the change from cool to warm (indoor to out) wasn't something I considered.

I guess I can see what you all mean by the "posed" comments as well. I really did my best with directing the couple, but it was tough. They did not want to sit, so that was an obstacle. They (mostly the lady) didn't want to face the camera. Bringing out real emotion was tough.

Learning experience, all around!

I guess I can see what you all mean by the "posed" comments as well. I really did my best with directing the couple, but it was tough. They did not want to sit, so that was an obstacle. They (mostly the lady) didn't want to face the camera. Bringing out real emotion was tough.

Learning experience, all around!

Thats the worst isnt it?
You KNOW what will be some good poses, but the people just won't cooperate...
Not wanting to face the camera is weird, and im not sure how you would approach that one. Were they in witness protection or something?

LOL no, the woman in these is very shy. Here's an interesting tidbit - I posted some boudoir awhile back... that was this gal's sister. Two VERY different personalities (both great people, nonetheless), especially when it comes to the camera.

For the obstacles faced, I think I did OK. Not really up to my standard, but A's mom (who hired me) was happy with the photos.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need feedback on something else, but I don't want to start another thread... so I'll just post here.

The bride asked me to do something like this when we had our consultation, and I agreed knowing I was fully capable. I showed her a preview, and she really loved it. I feel like it's something that could attract people (aka, the Pinterest crowd) if posted on my blog/website/FB, but I'm not sure if it's the image I want to project... it's so kitschy. Thoughts?
$first dance copy.jpg

Jessica, I like the idea and the song & lyrics that these words make up. Paige is correct, probably shouldn't post it but not sure of the rights/royalties of that. (FYI, its from a George Strait song, Give it all we've got tonight.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back