A Perfect Day Out (pic heavy)

Resin42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went out with my other half on Sunday with the sole porpuse of driving around and stoppig anywhere we thought was interesting and taking photos. I'd just had an ND filter delivered and wanted to try some waterfall shots so we headed into the hills north of Glasgow then kept going as the mood took us. We saw some amazing scenery, had a wonderful lunch, spent a fortune in petrol, got some drastic sunburn and generally had the perfect summer Sunday.

I didn't want to stick multiple posts up with different shots of the same day so I've put the best of them here. C&C is welcome but don't feel compelled to crit them all, just any you particularly like or think need significant rescuing.

In chronological order, hope you enjoy.

The_Perfect_Fall_by_Resin42.jpg

Deus_Ibi_Est_by_Resin42.jpg

Memory_by_Resin42.jpg

Balfron_Kirk_by_Resin42.jpg

Peace_in_the_Valley_by_Resin42.jpg

Cutting_Rocks_by_Resin42.jpg

Long_Distance_by_Resin42.jpg

Adrift_by_Resin42.jpg

Burning_Skies_by_Resin42.jpg

Very good job! I am not sure about #2 though maybe if you had the whole frame of the window in the shot.

Good stuff.. i like them all.

I love number 7.. i knew it was Scotland somewhere as soon as i seen it (actually thought it was Arran) but i'm guessing Loch Lomond (ish) - Just that old phone box and the telepohne pole next to it with loads of lines going everywhere!

Only critique is #1 looks like the highlights are slightly blownout? hard to tell on a downsized JPEG though. #8 i like, maybe a tad more sky?.. nothing serious!

nice work though, look forward to seeing more.

Man, I wish I lived where you did!

Great shots, however #2 is a little centered for my liking.

Cheers folks.

Very good job! I am not sure about #2 though maybe if you had the whole frame of the window in the shot.

Man, I wish I lived where you did!

Great shots, however #2 is a little centered for my liking.

On reflection (boom boom) it's probably my least favourite of the set. I probably should have got more of the surround in there and I'm no longer sure about that patch of blue sky but it was all about that reflection, I chose symmetry over thirds.

And yes it's a great place to live when you get the weather, that's usually three days a year. :)

Good stuff.. i like them all.

I love number 7.. i knew it was Scotland somewhere as soon as i seen it (actually thought it was Arran) but i'm guessing Loch Lomond (ish) - Just that old phone box and the telepohne pole next to it with loads of lines going everywhere!

Not far away, it's Carrick Castle on Loch Goil. It does have that "Local Hero" feel to it. Number 8 was taken at Luss on Loch Lomond.

Only critique is #1 looks like the highlights are slightly blownout? hard to tell on a downsized JPEG though. #8 i like, maybe a tad more sky?.. nothing serious!

1 was taken quite deep in the valley (I almost broke my neck getting there) so there was little sky to be had, even so the cloud cover was murder at that time so it wouldn't have helped. Not sure about the blown highlights but it was one of my first attempts, I think 6 works better. A fair point on 8 though.

Thanks for looking. :)

good stuff :D I should really get out more and explore cos im sure the places you took these at arent too far away from me lol

Some great shots in there Resin. I really like #3 & #6. #1 does seem a bit blown out in certain areas, but is still a great shot. Really like that perspective.

On reflection (boom boom) it's probably my least favourite of the set. I probably should have got more of the surround in there and I'm no longer sure about that patch of blue sky but it was all about that reflection, I chose symmetry over thirds.

And yes it's a great place to live when you get the weather, that's usually three days a year. :)

That's why I live in California :D.

good stuff :D I should really get out more and explore cos im sure the places you took these at arent too far away from me lol

All within a pleasant, short drive. That first fall is in the Campsie Fells near the "Carpark in the Sky". Definitely worth an afternoon. Unfortunately you do get edjits camping up there who can't be arsed taking their litter away with them. It should be a shooting offence to sully somewhere so beautiful.

That's why I live in California :D.

Good call, until the forest fires start at least ;)

Thanks again folks. :)

was there any pp on three. i really like that one.

Yeah a little bit, I kicked up the contrast really high and increased the colour saturatation to give me more control over the mono conversion which is how I got the sky to look so black. I love CS3's b+w tool. :D

nice set. really like #3. the tree reaching for the heavens adds so much to the image. at least for me it does. well done

Most reactions

New Topics

Back