What's new

A portrait for C&C

SlimPaul

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 7, 2008
Messages
437
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

I was wondering I if edited this portrait the right way. If there's anything else I could do to make it look better, I'll be happy to know.

Thanks, Paul

dsc3023.jpg
 
What does the unedited portrait look like, for comparison? All in all, this shot doesn't look very edited, so I guess that's good. If people can tell, usually its because you've gone overboard. One thing I would like to see is some catchlights in his eyes. I think that would help.
 
Also I find the bottle and glass in the foreground very distracting.
 
I hesitate to call this a portrait. While it's fine as a picture of a happy young child, it really seems to me more like a 'capture the moment' snapshot than a posed image. The child seems slightly soft and both the background and the bottle in the foreground are very distracting.
 
I hesitate to call this a portrait. While it's fine as a picture of a happy young child, it really seems to me more like a 'capture the moment' snapshot than a posed image. The child seems slightly soft and both the background and the bottle in the foreground are very distracting.

I didn't know portraits can only be posed. ;) I don't think there's much I can do about the bottle, I'd have to crop it only leaving his face in the photo.

What does the unedited portrait look like, for comparison? All in all, this shot doesn't look very edited, so I guess that's good. If people can tell, usually its because you've gone overboard. One thing I would like to see is some catchlights in his eyes. I think that would help.

Here's the original version. I added some contrast and saturation.

dsc3023version2.jpg



Thanks,
 
I didn't know portraits can only be posed. ;-)
I'd say that generally a portrait is posed.

This falls into the category of candid rather than portrait.
 
This is not a portrait...it's a candid family snapshot. This is a photograph of an adult pouring a child a drink from a plastic bottle,and of the child holding his glass out in eager anticipation of a sweet,sugary drink. That's not what a portrait is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom