a portrait

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
160915_0527 (1) (Custom).jpg

A little dark, a little cold, and that is exactly what I like about it! :)

Besides being quite small, I think it is too dark and looses too much.

original
slightly brightened
only the face warmed a bit to lose the Queen of the Damned coloration

View attachment 110455
tbh, I expected this kind of reaction.

It's perfectly ok if you don't like the photo, and if most people don't like the photo just the way it is... but I really didn't want perfectly exposed and "right" photo.

I wanted "the Queen of the Damned" photo

Sorry Maria... not feeling this. This just doesn't seem like your quality of work...
I think you've just given me a compliment... an odd one but still a compliment :)

ty

Besides being quite small, I think it is too dark and looses too much.

original
slightly brightened
only the face warmed a bit to lose the Queen of the Damned coloration

View attachment 110455

It's perfectly ok if you don't like the photo, and if most people don't like the photo just the way it is... but I really didn't want perfectly exposed and "right" photo.

Good for you for sticking to your own artistic vision.
:wav:

This seems like the right place to post this:

/rant

Last edited:
...I wanted "the Queen of the Damned" photo
and I can sort of see that in the image, but when I look at it, a couple of things "get in the way". First and foremost is her expression, a subtle, almost sassy little smirk, rather than an expression of the damned. Additionally is the emptiness of her surroundings. This would work in your favour if there was more of it, but as-is, it seems more like an awkwardly framed souviner snapshot.

I think the concept is great, and the model has a good look, but I think some more work might be needed... just my $00.02.

...I wanted "the Queen of the Damned" photo
and I can sort of see that in the image, but when I look at it, a couple of things "get in the way". First and foremost is her expression, a subtle, almost sassy little smirk, rather than an expression of the damned. Additionally is the emptiness of her surroundings. This would work in your favour if there was more of it, but as-is, it seems more like an awkwardly framed souviner snapshot.

I think the concept is great, and the model has a good look, but I think some more work might be needed... just my $00.02.
I quoted Traveler's words, I thought he was addressing the color tones in the image.

Anyway... Thank you :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back