A recent candid

jake337

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel I may have over processed this one. Might have to tone it down a notch when I get home

2015-04-30_09-29-23.jpg

I like the feel of the lighting on this. I like the way there are background lights visible (a little bit visible), and like the lower-key feeling of this...maybe go even darker I think. His face looks just a bit too bright to me, compared against the rest of the shot. I like the way it looks like a home theatre or basement type of shot--it has an authentic, unstaged feeling to it.

You may consider cloning out the bright white spot directly over his head.

your processing is close but i think the overall exposure is just touch too dark. I prefer the exposure of the boy in the SOOC shot.

Yeah, I'm on the big monitor this AM...looks pretty good for under a 2 meg file! Thanks for putting up a big file. It's amazing how far digital cameras have come over the last few years! I was looking back at some shots of my kid from back in the early 2000's...the files are just so much richer nowadays.

yeah, that kid has a thicker moshtache than i ever will...

I think somewhere in between the processed and the SOOC. I would definitely crop or clone out the light above his head and the red OOF lights. Then some selective burning and dodging to darken the background (#1 image) but slightly darken the face from the second image.

Sorry guys I posted the wrong image for the SOOC one.

It will not let me upload the full size jpeg but here is the out of camera jpeg.
2015-04-30_10-22-32.jpg

That light ( and small square thing top of head) just above his head just draws your eyes away from his face ...
like Sashbar said - clone it out

But over all I like it.

I like the feel of the lighting on this. I like the way there are background lights visible (a little bit visible), and like the lower-key feeling of this...maybe go even darker I think. His face looks just a bit too bright to me, compared against the rest of the shot. I like the way it looks like a home theatre or basement type of shot--it has an authentic, unstaged feeling to it.

Thanks for your input. It's Always appreciated.

You may consider cloning out the bright white spot directly over his head.

I'll give that a shot.

your processing is close but i think the overall exposure is just touch too dark. I prefer the exposure of the boy in the SOOC shot.

Thanks for your feedback.

yeah, that kid has a thicker moshtache than i ever will...

Hahaha. He gets it from me.

I think somewhere in between the processed and the SOOC. I would definitely crop or clone out the light above his head and the red OOF lights. Then some selective burning and dodging to darken the background (#1 image) but slightly darken the face from the second image.

Thanks for stopping in and sharing your thoughts.

That light ( and small square thing top of head) just above his head just draws your eyes away from his face ...
like Sashbar said - clone it out

But over all I like it.

Thanks. Yeah I'll have to revisit. This is just a candid but I liked the light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back