A sense of perspective

David

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidbazlinton.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Now I know pictures of the Red Arrows are as common as something that is very common indeed, and I am one of the guilty parties, loving flying as much as photography, so for that reason I don't normally post them. That said......

This year I was at Farnborough Airshow with work, and having managed to arrange some free time during the Red Arrows display, I thought I'd try something different, as most images, not surprisingly, show the aircraft against the sky, and are taken from the crowd line, usually with a long focal length.

As the display is always in front of the crowd and some distance away, I reasoned that it would be better to get outside of Farnborough Airport and under the location that the aircraft actually fly. Fortunately the A327 runs around the north of the Airport, and has numerous grass verges and roundabouts, so there should have been plenty of places to stop and set up. Unfortunately several hundred other people had stolen my idea, so after finding a few square feet of unoccupied roundabout I settled down for the reds arrival. Although from my vantage point I couldn't see the whole display, or any of the synchro pair, the bit I could see was right above my head and very, very loud.

So as to the reason for posting, I took several hundred shots during the display, and this one was about the best of the bunch as it clearly shows the height (or lack of it) at which they display.

reds_18.jpg

I tried where possible to introduce something out of context into the image, and this lamp post on the edge of the roundabout seemed to work the best. I will definitely try this again, and would recommend it to anyone else.

David

very nice:hail:

Most reactions

Back