What's new

a shot a day

spako

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 24, 2006
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
10
Location
Luxemburg
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I started a 365 days project on new year's day and wanted to share some of my shots so far...
I hope you'll like them and if you are interested you might want to check out my website to see more of the shots.
I tried this kind of a project a few years ago but stopped after only a very few days... back then I wanted to do only self portraits and it turned out to be quite difficult to come up with good ideas over time. This time I didn't restrict myself with one particular subject. My only restrictions are a shot a day in B&W with my 50mm.

So here are some of the shots I took so far:

.birthday cake on fire. $L1000943-Edit-4-Edit.webp


.road to mom and dad's. $L1000981-Edit.webp


.car park.$L1000901-Edit-Edit.webp


.love is. $L1000989-Edit-Edit-2.webp


.nails vs claws. $L1000999-Edit-Edit.webp

thanks for taking the time :-)
 
Last edited:
Nice idea - and hey: I must be having an apparition! SPAKO is here!
You're making yourself scarce!

I have decided never to try out the 365-days project: I'd quit after only a couple of days, I am just SURE.

The one with the birthday cake is really nice!
Are you still into that partial desaturation that you performed to perfection in your photography?
 
I like the car park shot. The tones are really nice and I like the light fall off at the bottom.
 
Number 2 is awesome! The only thing i would change would be the car on the left. Great POV and execution. KUDOS!
 
#1: why let that black beam grow out of her head; if you dress it up, this would be really fine
#2: excellent; probably the best of the lot so far
#3: i would recommend trimming foreground to no-sore level
#4:OK
#5: Surroundings distract
Regards :D
 
Thanky for your replies!

@LaFoto: the main objective of my project is to keep me shooting while I'm at home, considering that I mostly only shot on my travels the last few years I guess I'll be checking in some more from now on. As for the partial desaturation it's not a technique I still use on my shots.. for now I go with black and white but this may change over time ;-) who knows.

@Frequency: thanks for the detailed critique: the black photo frame in the background disturbed me too and I did remove it using the stamp tool but left it as it was afterwards... I dont like fiddling to much on my shots anymore... but I'm certain it would stand out more if the silhouette were perfect...
and on the last shot I really like the surroundings because they are the comic paper clips of my lamp and I like the way they fit to the theme.. but in black and white you can hardly see what they are and I understand that they seem to be distracting...

I'll keep you posted on my project ;-)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom