What's new

A small portion of barn

Ronman

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley VA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would y'all give me some CC on this. Good, Bad, or ugly. Stupid waste of everyones time, whatever. I know "another barn" .......but if I get one right maybe I'll be able to move on to some other stuff.





#1
Florida208088CCBColorResz2.jpg






A slightly different crop.
#2
Florida208088CCBColorResz3.jpg
 
nice shot and position but i would like to see more detail in the barn. i think this would be a great place for some hdr
 
Thanks, mstevens, I'm just figuring out what HDR is, I run into this frequently, just can't get the drynamic range from a scene into my camera. Maybe someday.

In #2 I tried to crop some of the featureless barn out of the picture for the reason you mention.
 
Both are great shots. I do think I like number 1 the best as there is a bit more foreground. The clouds/mist between the mountains is great and the lighting here is beautiful as well. I really like these photos! :thumbup: :thumbup: Thanks for sharing!

Greetings,
Ann :sillysmi:
 
Ann, thank you very much for the response. I'm pleased that you liked it.

I'm including another crop I was fooling around with, this one with even less barn but more foreground.



3
Florida208088CCBColorC2Resz3.jpg
 
I like 3 best, the mist stands out alot more than the first 2. I'm not sure whether this would have been possible, but I would like to see the top of the tree. Maybe a taller crop if you had got it in the first un-cropped shot.... if that made any sense??
 
I really like the idea, but can't really get behind the barn part. I think the lighting is off--the barn is too dark to really distinguish.

Oh, and a haze filter might help with the mountains in the background. They're kind of obscured by haze (not the clouds).
 
I love the framing. The barn could stand to be a bit brighter, though not too much, it adds some necessary contrast. Still, I do think it's fine as is and would stick with #1, it's the most interesting shot.

Along with "This is a Horse" this may be my favorite shot of yours.
 
3 is best I do think that the barn is too dark with not enough detail in the others,
 
Thank you all very much for your comments. I actually did an HDR today using Photomatrix, so in the future I can deal morebetter with these situations, however, I'm not inclined to think that everything in a photo must be in focus and perfectly exposed. Every comment here is significant for me. Thanks again.
 
Hi Ronman,

I've been busy the last week and missed your post with the different crop! I like the square version like that very much. It seems to be a bit more balanced. It's a great shot!

Greetings,
Ann :sillysmi:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom