A stary night over the family cabin

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been spending an increasing amount of time at the family cabin along the northern Minnesota shore of Lake Superior. I was out shooting star trails and on the way back I thought that this would be a cool photo for my dad. I think it turned out okay.

cabin.jpg

Judging by the length of your star trails there, I'd guess it was a 30 sec to 2min exposure? Its a real shame you havn't got longer star trails. You could have achieved that with out over exposing the house lights by starting the exposure, running back to the house to switch the lights off after a short while, then leaving the shutter open for an hour or more with out the lights on (the blur of you as you run to the house might look cool, alternatively get someone else to turn them off). Nice shot none-the-less! I miss the dark skies of Australia where I used to do astro photograph. I miss my old astrophotos, which are with my parents more though!

wholly agree with Brian.. do you have anyshots with the silhouetted house and a longer exposure? boy that would have looked beautiful!
cool shot
hope to see more :thumbsup:

wow, you dug this thread from a couple weeks ago. The last couple times i have been to the cabin it was a moonlit night so no night shots. We got our first snow now, so that may make things a bit trickier. Thanks for the comments though. I am goign to shoot a really long exposure next summer with my film camera.

Most reactions

Back