A very personal manip request, please read.

DyeMyEyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so I'm going to try to blow through this in an attempt to keep the emotions at bay..

My grandpa died two weeks ago today. The funeral was held in West Virginia the weekend before last. If you haven't been to West VA, you should try to go.. it's gorgeous. I knew the area from the few times I had been to family reunions as a kid. I remembered the mill at Babcock Park and I knew I wanted that picture.. so I took my camera.

After seeing me with my gear, snapping every shot I could find, a couple family members (including my mom and my aunt) asked me if I could take some pictures of my Pepaw. It was a last minute request and I only had a couple minutes before other family members would start pouring into the funeral home. Needless to say, I'm not at all impressed with the photographs.

I'm twice as good at photography as I am at manipulating.. and I still suck at photography. ;) So I need help. I have one picture in mind that could potentially be very beautiful and meaningful to my aunt. I'm hoping, after some of you give it a go, I'll be able to print out one of your creations and gift it to her.

If you're interested, please keep reading.

These are things of importance in the photo:
In the photo I took, my grandpa's hands are visible. My aunt wrote a note to him and slipped it under his hand. That's the note paper with "Dear Daddy" written on it. As far as I know, she's the only one who knows what it says. I imagine it's terribly personal, especially to her. Also in the picture is a silk ribbon labelled "PaPaw". He was papaw to all of the other grand and great-grandkids. He was pepaw to me, though, because that's the way I always said it. There is also a blue silk flower. It was given to him by my five year old cousin who has lived with his Papaw his whole life and has been having a hard time trying to understand why his Papaw can't come back home. :(

As a personal request, I would like to see his hands be less dead-looking. Soften them, maybe? I don't know.

Anyway.. thanks in advance.

5777778.jpg

Can you post the original picture, full resolution? A link would be okay too. Just to give us more to work with.

If you can recommend a better site for uploading, I will certainly use it. My website is under dev at the moment and has no available storage space or I would host it myself.

DyeMyEyes said:
If you can recommend a better site for uploading, I will certainly use it. My website is under dev at the moment and has no available storage space or I would host it myself.

Its called flickr lol

Sent from Erics iPhone www.ericporado.com

Arent they supposed to cut the nails when they prep the body at the mortuary?

Most reactions

Back