A WALK ON THE FARM

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Aye Mates,

I attended the 51st annual Farm Party hosted by some dear family friends yesterday. T'is always held on the last Sunday in the month o' June. Throughout the 51 year history o' this event, they have only had rain fall on two occasions.

I took a walk with camera in hand whilst in the company o' Miss Vivian, a regular attendee at the event each summer. It was nice sharing our individual perspectives on the innate beauty o' the farm as we moved across the land.

This photo essay is dedicated to the memory o' me good Mate Bob DeMaria, who owned, lived for, worked on, and loved this farm along with his wonderful wife Marilynn. Having passed on nearly two decades ago, I still feel Bob's presence in every element o' this most special place whilst surveying the farm through me lens. We all miss ye Bob.

OmBumGq3TxOUSJrYgV2vkg_thumb_8db2_Fotor.jpg

Grill ~ I was awestruck by the rich and rusty patina o' this old Oliver tractor as it grinned at me from the bowels o' a darkened bay in one o' the outbuildings.

HIhwLHGxQWe%ULgI4lmz3Q_thumb_8dad_Fotor.jpg

Beauty Abounds ~ As I moved from one location to the next, my eyes fell upon wondrous horticultural splendor at nearly every turn.

R%Siv3tuTNmW7eu3GJZNqg_thumb_8e0b_Fotor.jpg

Farm Dawg ~ This pretty GSP roamed about the farm guests yesterday as did several other K9's and a bunch o' lucky kids that got to experience a day seemingly transported back to the days o' an era gone by. Unfortunately a vanishing way o' life in present day America.

PUJ3BE%rQZKnMW9%MEXg1Q_thumb_8dde_Fotor.jpg

Out To Pasture ~ Me artist's eyes gravitated toward an old white horse moving slowly along a fence line as was framed by some native shrubs, trees, and an old picket fence.

lShgxktzS82R3a%ezpKhIw_thumb_8db3_Fotor.jpg

Deerely Missed ~ Not a misspelling, rather, a tribute made to me buddy Bob, the patriarch o' this wonderful farm that he once worked the land upon. Bob was a "good ol' boy", a big man with a big heart and big hands, a banjo picker, a Bluegrass lover, a jokester, a man that loved his family and his country, and a collector o' John Deere tractors. Bob is indeed Deerely missed.

Last edited:
Wkj9y%Q+TTKa3i%kB5br4g_thumb_8ded_Fotor.jpg

Picking ~ As I roamed about with camera in hand, my ears and eyes were drawn to the pickers playing and singing Bluegrass tunes that seemed so very harmonious on every level imaginable. Several o' the musicians were folks that Bob had played banjo with at nearly every annual farm party. an old hay wagon would serve as an improvised stage on wheels from which the pickers jammed. Bob's absence is most notable amongst those he once played with, yet his presence is felt with every note played.

c2vDQJ3LQOOK459cLWiazQ_thumb_8dc0_Fotor.jpg

Equine Ambassador ~ As Miss Vivian and I roved about on the farm, we reminisced with great admiration and fondness o' our now gone friend Bob, warm memories punctuated by the heat o' a warm sun from high o'er our heads shined down upon us from the heavens, perhaps Bob reaching out to all o' us so fortunate to be gathered on his farm. I stood silently in wonder as this equine ambassador moved across a paddock toward us seemingly welcoming us back once again.

KKK9ZIP7QHGSBpafT%NjiA_thumb_8db6_Fotor.jpg

Trails End ~ Contemplative thoughts o' times frozen still in memory and yet rapidly passing by at the speed of light were racing through me mind throughout the day's event. As I looked about, I saw the faces o' acquaintances only seen yearly and noticed the absence o' those no longer with us physically. Time stands not still for any o' us, yet traditions such as this maintain a much needed connection to our treasured past.

I listened carefully to the laughter o' young children as Bob's son in-law Dave whom now works the farm, towed a hay wagon filled with kids and their parents behind an old tractor, their faces expressed wonder and joy as they moved across the landscape, and in them I saw hope that such traditions will be kept for years to come.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Last edited:
Very nice photo essay. I enjoyed looking through it.

Great set and photo essay. Growing up on a farm, as a youngster Dad had a couple of Olivers. That first one looks like the hood from an old super 55, but Oliver's colors were a dark green and white. Was this repainted or is your WB possibly off?

Some very nice shots........

Thanks Jeff.

Great set and photo essay. Growing up on a farm, as a youngster Dad had a couple of Olivers. That first one looks like the hood from an old super 55, but Oliver's colors were a dark green and white. Was this repainted or is your WB possibly off?

Smoke,
Shot it as is and color was true to as was.

Mike ☘️

Nice set, I get a feeling that Oliver wants to be fired up and taken for one last stroll around the farm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back