- Joined
- May 1, 2008
- Messages
- 25,507
- Reaction score
- 5,112
- Location
- UK - England
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
- Moderator 🛠️
- #1
Ok my LowePro mini nature trekker is serving me well still as a bag for holding my gear, infact I'm amazed that the thing hasn't fallen apart with all the gear I lug around in it - but...I am starting to do more longer walks and there are now hills (big ones!) where I am and I am finding that with the weight of the bag and its design and its really going to do my back in rather quick.
The minitrekker does have waist straps, but they have no padding so cut in quite quickly if they are used tighter and they don't seem to carry the weight like more normal larger ruckscaks.
Also with all my gear inside as well as gloves and waterproofs I have little space for more than a chocolate bar - I need somewhere to put my lunchbox and stuff!
I know the main answer to this is find a good camera shop and try some bags out - but I am interested if there are any camera bags users can recomend which would be more suited to longer distance walking and have a larger capacity (300mm f2.8 will be mine oneday.....one year) so that I have some idea what to look for.
So anyone?
(ideas for camping setups would also be welcome - as that is something that is likley to be occuring too)
The minitrekker does have waist straps, but they have no padding so cut in quite quickly if they are used tighter and they don't seem to carry the weight like more normal larger ruckscaks.
Also with all my gear inside as well as gloves and waterproofs I have little space for more than a chocolate bar - I need somewhere to put my lunchbox and stuff!
I know the main answer to this is find a good camera shop and try some bags out - but I am interested if there are any camera bags users can recomend which would be more suited to longer distance walking and have a larger capacity (300mm f2.8 will be mine oneday.....one year) so that I have some idea what to look for.
So anyone?
(ideas for camping setups would also be welcome - as that is something that is likley to be occuring too)
or rucksack