A Word About Politeness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffarl

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to say it, and I'm going to put a number on it. I will no longer tolerate blatant rudeness and general "don't quit your day job" talk directed at anyone with under 20 posts. How you treat each other is your business. Once someone has had a moment to come to terms with the types of personalities that inhabit this place, you can go back to padding your egos with the dashed hopes and crushed dreams of others, but they're off limits for 20 posts.

Running off new members is just a rotten thing to do, and directly contrary to what this place is all about.

All my love,
Aaron

When I first started people were very rude to me. I won't name names but you know who you are.

You'll know it's coming when you wake up in a strange cave with seaweed in your hair.

I absolutely applaud this, but I think the question which is begging to be asked is why tolerate it at all?

Because it has come to my attention very recently that some folks don't even know when they're doing it. :mrgreen:

I'm going to say it, and I'm going to put a number on it. I will no longer tolerate blatant rudeness and general "don't quit your day job" talk directed at anyone with under 20 posts. How you treat each other is your business. Once someone has had a moment to come to terms with the types of personalities that inhabit this place, you can go back to padding your egos with the dashed hopes and crushed dreams of others, but they're off limits for 20 posts.

Running off new members is just a rotten thing to do, and directly contrary to what this place is all about.

All my love,
Aaron

sic 'em, bay-bay! :heart:

Do we have permission to be relentlessly brutal to the pompous know-it-alls that can't shoot for ****?

But that's all of us..

No, it is not all of us.

There are people who post many photos and they inspire us through example. We see them post wonderful, meaningful, inspired works. Even when they fail, we know they are working at the craft
When they see fit to comment on our own works, we listen because they have shown by example that they know what it means to be a photographer.

Then there are others that talk.

And talk.
And talk.
And talk.

They pretend they know how to shoot and use long winded diatribes to convince others of their prowess behind the camera.
Yet, when they finally put their own work on the line (rarely), it makes one wonder if they even bother to listen to themselves.

There are people who post many photos and they inspire us through example. We see them post wonderful, meaningful, inspired works. Even when they fail, we know they are working at the craft
When they see fit to comment on our own works, we listen because they have shown by example that they know what it means to be a photographer.

It would be interesting, but quite impossible within the bounds of decency alas, to compare one another's lists of who these paragons are.

It would be interesting, but quite impossible within the bounds of decency alas, to compare one another's lists of who these paragons are.

I don't know.. my list is actually pretty short! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back