Abandoned hospital

Gormenghast

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everybody, I'm new here. I'd appreciate some feedback on these photos I took this past weekend. I don't have Photoshop or any other serious editing program (next year, when I buy a new computer!), so my editing is basically limited to what I can do with Google Picasa. I'm generally pretty happy with how these came out, but constructive criticism is always welcome - both on the composition and the execution. Thanks!

27.jpg

28.jpg

26.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

29.jpg

wow, that peeling paint is exactly like the pain in an abandoned house i was in a little while ago....cool, i might post it up.

good work. i wish i had an abandoned hospital around my area.

Nice photos and composition! For several of them, I think a slightly lower angle might have added a bit more to the photos. Not that I would have wanted to crawl on the floor in there... ;) but I'd be curious to see what that would to do these. :)

Download Gimp and youll be less limited.
Thanks, believe it or not I downloaded the Gimp a few months ago, and it's still sitting on my desktop, yet to be employed. I'll try to shame myself into checking it out soon.

Nice photos and composition! For several of them, I think a slightly lower angle might have added a bit more to the photos. Not that I would have wanted to crawl on the floor in there... ;) but I'd be curious to see what that would to do these. :)
Thanks, that's a really good suggestion. When I go to these places, my tendency is to walk around with my camera attached to my tripod unless I have to go down some sketchy stairs or across a dodgy section of floor or something. I pretty much just leave it at the same height unless a shot actually requires me to change it. I'm going to try to remember to play around with that next time.

Nice shots! You might get more impact on these if they were in sepia or B&W. 5 is my favorite, its like the window to the twilight zone.
I'll try that. For some reason, I find that the sepia seems to work best with the exterior shots, which I tend not to post online, lest I give away the location and invite vandalism. I'll try playing around with some of these in B&W, though. I hadn't thought of that.

Here's one of my favorite sepia shots I've taken:

Atherton3.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back