Abandoned Navy Hospital (pic heavy)

yeah well. take a look at the similar threads below.

Oh. So this is a coddling forum now. I didn't get the memo.

Maybe we all just have different ideas of "coddling" vs "common courtesy" or "decency" or "respect". Maybe that's just me. Carry on.

Maybe we all just have different ideas of "coddling" vs "common courtesy" or "decency" or "respect". Maybe that's just me. Carry on.

I do not feel anything I said was unproductive or unnecessary. OP was receiving a lot of positive feedback on images which were poor both technically as well as, in my opinion, aesthetically.

I made a point to look at each image and discussed each image. In fact, I'm the only one here who actually made an effort to provide any sort of useful feedback. All the parts on the back prior to my post were not at all constructive - one liners like "nice job" isn't a critique.

If I was too blunt or opinionated, that's not my concern. I don't placate to insecurity.

I do not feel anything I said was unproductive or unnecessary. OP was receiving a lot of positive feedback on images which were poor both technically as well as, in my opinion, aesthetically.

I made a point to look at each image and discussed each image. In fact, I'm the only one here who actually made an effort to provide any sort of useful feedback. All the parts on the back prior to my post were not at all constructive - one liners like "nice job" isn't a critique.

If I was too blunt or opinionated, that's not my concern. I don't placate to insecurity.

Heres the problem man, not everybody follows the photography bible to a T. Some of us just like to get out there and shoot and if its not perfect, then who cares. We are not trying to sell this stuff for riches, just sharing it with others who might appreciate it. That is the very definition of ART. If you have lost that, then sorry. Stick to the technical guidelines of photography, thats fine. Im sure most people will consider your photos to be way better than mine. And Im ok with that, because I don't do it for anyone other than myself. And if my photos please my eye along with a few others then hey man, thats good enough for me. This is the photo forum.... not the get everything perfect on your first try forum. Just relax and have fun

Like I said, maybe it's just me. Carry on.

Some of us just like to get out there and shoot and if its not perfect, then who cares.

If your intention here isn't to improve, then I don't have much to say. Typically people post things for feedback.
I gave you mine.

Not wanting feedback is more of an exception, so maybe you should say something to the effect.

sharing it with others who might appreciate it. That is the very definition of ART.

I don't do it for anyone other than myself.

Uhm. Ok.

Heres the problem man, not everybody follows the photography bible to a T. [...] Stick to the technical guidelines of photography, thats fine. Im sure most people will consider your photos to be way better than mine.

Your ignorance of my work is pretty evident here. So don't pretend you know what I'm about.

Apparently you missed the point. And its not that Im ignorant of your work, I respect your work. Maybe you should respect mine, because our views are different and there is nothing wrong with that.

Most reactions

Back