abandoned railroad

Yahoozy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i dont generally do B&W because i havent really tried anything that i thought merited it
but here are some attempts =P

Railroad1.jpg

ok, this isnt completely B&W i did a little extra PP
and i hate how blanked out the sky ended up being but it was the only way to make the rest look how it did (im a bit of a B&W noob =P)

Railroad2.jpg

i like this one though =P

any C&C is greatly appreciated
thanks for looking =P

for the second shot you should consider trying f16 to bring the whole rail into focus

i was aiming to emphasize just the broken part of the rail

and i hate how blanked out the sky ended up being but it was the only way to make the rest look how it did (im a bit of a B&W noob =P)
Does your camera have filters for black and white built into it (should be red, orange, yellow, etc)? If so, experimenting with those may yield better results. If not, investing in some may be beneficial (that is, if you plan to do more black and white).

Good luck.

Does your camera have filters for black and white built into it (should be red, orange, yellow, etc)? If so, experimenting with those may yield better results. If not, investing in some may be beneficial (that is, if you plan to do more black and white).

ah, im not sure hahah (not really sure what im doing with B&W =P)
thanks ill look into that =D

I really like the second one. I agree that it might look a little better if a bit more of the track was in focus, but great shot!

I think the second one is fine as it is. =] I don't think you need to bring the whole rail into focus, though it would create a different effect. I like the second one better. Diagonal line = movement =D Peaceful, quiet, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back