Abandoned Television (Half of My Hometown is Deserted)

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So there is actually an ENTIRE section of my hometown that is almost completely abandoned. I think it used to be where the socio-economic seperation line before integration.

Anyways, I went to take some photos, because it was overcast and kind of dreary. I still can not seem to get an HDR image to turn out correctly. I don't want the HDR look, I just want to capture what's inside the house as well as what's outside. It's so damn difficult. All of the image look so flat, low contrast, desaturated...even after I tone them. But I digress.

Here's the image!

Did you PS in the static?

Yup, I did. I just did it to see if I could. lol.
Photo manipulation is not really my thing, although I wish I was good at it.

It's obviously digitally done, since it's safe to assume that there's no power in that building. I like it though; not only can I see the empty, abandoned house and TV, but I can "hear" the static. I dig it!

It's obviously digitally done, since it's safe to assume that there's no power in that building. I like it though; not only can I see the empty, abandoned house and TV, but I can "hear" the static. I dig it!

Thanks, heh. I'm still determining whether or not I need to add more motion blur to make it seem not quite so cut-and-paste.

I was actually really surpised to even find a TV in....this part of town.

Thanks, heh. I'm still determining whether or not I need to add more motion blur to make it seem not quite so cut-and-paste.

I was actually really surpised to even find a TV in....this part of town.

It was definitely a compliment! I'm still working on my PP skills too, so I understand.

I was doing something yesterday that I think might help you. Let me fool around with GIMP for a second and try to remember what it was.

Generally well done, but I felt like there was something not quite right. At first I thought it was because the tv is centered, usually not the first choice of composition, but the different views out of the two windows I think compensate for that. What I really think is that the image is mostly blank walls and the two window views, which are interesting, but don't strike me as the main point here. I also feel like I'd like to see what's on the floor, so I'd recommend lowering the camera, turning to one side to put the tv towards one side of the image, with a window in the opposite corner, and including a section of floor. Just my thoughts - you could go back there and make a whole lot of images - lots to work with.

personally, I would have gotten lower for the shot and take off the static, it cheapens the shot imo.

Looks fitting for the subject matter. I like it.

I dont know if yall know but you can take tours of Chernobyl. Brief tours, but they are allowed. Its desolate from what Ive seen on tv.

what do you mean "toned" them?

Most reactions

Back