What's new

Abandoned train station

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 4, 2006
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
Location
Glendale, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a chance of exploring an abandoned train station. Was very cool and a lot of fun walking around in this old hall. Unfortunately I didn't bring my tripod on this trip. It was already towards the end of the day and it was getting dark quickly. I bumped up the ISO, so my pictures turned out a bit grainy...

Let me know what you think

1.
451476369_b341979419_o.jpg


2.
451462658_d38ba42cc0_o.jpg


3. With this one I tried a different thing in Photoshop... Still deciding if I like it or not... :-)
450506545_ace8ce24f2_o.jpg
 
love the first and third. the second is a bit distorted for my tastes. the pictures make me feel so alone
 
IMO, the first is the best, very nice (altho cropping a little off the left to move the chair off center would improve it.)
I also uprighted the left side a little so the distortion behind the chair is not so obvious but left it on the right, almost as if the chair were compelling the distortion it faces.

The second is distorted but without a real object of itnerest.
The third is too dark for my tastes, hiding the chair.

451476369b341979419obbix6.jpg
 
I really like the first one. I like the chair in the middle but that's just my taste.
 
I love the first one -- so much that I nominated it for photo of the month. Great job. I love the textures and the mood, you captured everything really well.
 
...is this train station?
 
Oh these are very nice! I'm going to go against the grain and say that the 2nd is my favorite. I like the detail in the walls and ceiling and the vast emptyness the photo portrays
 
very nice.... i like the first best... the chair would be better further to the left but i prefer the original as the extra area of blue light makes it more dramatic imo.... good stuff :thumbup:
 
1st is clearly the best :D and I clearly prefer the original version.
Distorsion is not a pb for me, it is normal with this type of Wide angle

Mat
 
Those are all fantastic!
 
Very nice shots, I really like the first one.
 
I love you post processing style. I also like the first image. For some reason my initial reaction was a memory of a Clockwork Orange (fight scene in the beginning in the abandoned theater)...
 
Thanks everybody for the nice comments. And I also really appreciate all the constructive critisim.

The Traveler:
Thanks for you feedback. I was actually thinking of cropping it similar to what you suggested. But I liked the blue marble floor a lot and also the more panoramic aspect ratio. So I decided against it. I would, however, like the chair not that centerd...

cigrainger:
Thanks so much for the nomination. What an honor.

RVsForFun, Christie Photo: They were taken in Oakland, CA. It's the old Amtrak station.

Thanks
 
i really like the first one, thats really all i can say... wow!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom