Abercrombie possibly?

Honestly, I think these are portraits that could well be better taken with a P&S. If you tried to apply a bit more creativty while taking them, I think you'd get much better results.

To me, these just look like Myspace pictures taken with a very expensive camera.

alright

Ill stick with going for 15 and 16 year old girls XD

But I dont know alot about Dslr's

But I know how to work them decently

Is what I have a good camera?

Try using a space that is less cluttered, it's very distracting to see the wallpaper and the clock and dresser etc. You could also use a timer or remote for self portraits.
Try taking pictures of things and people around you and practice a lot.

The camera is setting the focus area on the actual mirror, which is not where you are. Need to manually focus and set a self timer... as per the actual content of your photos I'll hold my comments.

So what are you trying to say here that you or your pictures are qialified for an Abrcrombie ad? because I am not sure either onewould qualify. Especially the blurry, under-exposed, poorly lit and, wrongly white balanced images.

If you are serious about learning photography start with your manual. It came with the camera. Sit down with the camera and the manual. When you read about something, try it on your camera. Then pick up a book called understanding exposure. Read that, and same as above, when you read a technique, practice it with your camera. By then you should have a working understanding of your camera.

And yes, its a good camera although I would have opted for a medium zoom for your first lens.

PS I pray that you are 15/16 and not just going to 15/16 year old girls

you gotta explain that scar....

You're trying to be creative, and that's a plus. But for some self-portraits may I suggest a tripod with either a remote shutter release or self timer? Nowadays people see a mirror shot and automatically think "myspace," and not, "good photo."

The less-cluttered background would really help, as it is less distracting. Also, read up on white balance in your camera manual. But even though there are places to improve, I like the idea you're trying hard! Best of luck, and please keep posting photos!

BTW, I'm not a very talented photographer myself, but I think you'll find most of my advice to be fairly general and useful at any level of skill. :)

you gotta explain that scar....
that's what I was thinking! :confused:

Gotta crank the ISO up on all of these, to 800 or even 1600. The 70-300's aren't really intended for indoors low light close quarters shooting, and as you can see the flash used like this doesn't exactly improve things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back