What's new

Abnormal substance on back glass element of lens HELP!!!

scmindseye

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Location
Lake Charles, Louisiana/ Houston, Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My baby my beloved Canon EF 70-200mm F/4L series lens has this substance on the back and I have no clue what it is!
photo.php
 
Did you try to clean it? Does it impair image quality?

Mark
 
I'll assist, some folks on this forum are fearful of clicking links. Here is the pic:

247560_214036145297725_100000740228272_691423_6105907_n.jpg
 
hum .... they don't look like fungus because the way it looks. Wonder if they are mold.

Did you have the lens stored for a long time?
 
Yes and no. I'm an official idiot and didn't have the back cover for it......... Can I clean this myself or should I send this $750.00 lens off to Canon (which would cost way too much...) and have them take care of it?
 
Try to clean it yourself. Use a clean, lint-free cloth or piece of lens-tissue. "Huff" on the element to get a little bit of moisture fog and wipe gently. If that doesn't work, spring for some lens cleaning solution, and try that.
 
I'm having a similar issue, but luckily on my uv filter... My filter got spray on it from a splash park, my guess is the clorine reacted with the lens coating.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom