Sailbikeski
TPF Noob!
I think I'm there. D90. Or will it get an upgrade at big show in Feb 2010? Rumors...
I've long wanted to get good at photography but never gave self time to learn. So now between jobs, gonna take classes. Also need to upgrade gear from Nikon F-601 film to digital SLR.
Can I use the existing Nikkor 100-300 AF lens I have without losing any capabilities with new Nikon D90 features?
Regardless, when/if I get D90 should I get it with the Nikkor 18-105mm lens or should I get a standard 50mm and some other variations? I ask this only from a picture quality perpsective. I anticipate doing nature shots, wilderness, sports, landscapes, kids and family. I also have some learning to do so can't take on too much at once coz I'll confuse self... Age... So I'm thinking 2 lenses with range from 18mm to 300mm total should be pretty flexible. But what am I giving up?
Also, which software to use? I have a Mac, so is iPhoto sufficient at this time?
Thanks!
I've long wanted to get good at photography but never gave self time to learn. So now between jobs, gonna take classes. Also need to upgrade gear from Nikon F-601 film to digital SLR.
Can I use the existing Nikkor 100-300 AF lens I have without losing any capabilities with new Nikon D90 features?
Regardless, when/if I get D90 should I get it with the Nikkor 18-105mm lens or should I get a standard 50mm and some other variations? I ask this only from a picture quality perpsective. I anticipate doing nature shots, wilderness, sports, landscapes, kids and family. I also have some learning to do so can't take on too much at once coz I'll confuse self... Age... So I'm thinking 2 lenses with range from 18mm to 300mm total should be pretty flexible. But what am I giving up?
Also, which software to use? I have a Mac, so is iPhoto sufficient at this time?
Thanks!
) it may limit you and a good zoom could come in handy. But there are so many factors, a lot of them strictly personal, that it won't be easy to answer. I have the D90, and since it is my first self-cleaning dSLR I swap lenses with some impunity on it, using a 35 mm Tokina prime, the old Nikon 50 mm f/1.8 (great bargain at a little over 100 bucks), and a Tamron 28-75 2.8 zoom for whenever I expect action needing adjustments of focal length. Next on the list is a longer zoom, and maybe a higher quality manual focus prime.