Absolte dSLR beginner!

I have also changed my tune with regards to "protection" filters. I just don't use them anymore. I keep a lens cap on my lens for protection. The more layers of glass the light has to pass through, the more chance there is to degrade the image. Just be careful and don't shoot straight up in a hailstorm.

What about other types of filters, like a polarizing filter? It made a big difference on my SLR photography, but I am just going digital now, so I don't know.

Opinions appreciated!

What about other types of filters, like a polarizing filter? It made a big difference on my SLR photography, but I am just going digital now, so I don't know.

Opinions appreciated!
Almost any filter that worked and made a difference in film photography is going to work with a DSLR...CP, ND, GND, etc...they all still have an impact on the image taken with the DSLR.

Also you may want to consider a few smaller capacity memory cards as opposed to a large capacity card that way if something goes wrong with a card you dont lose all of your photos at once.

i read this from Scott Kelby's book.....great tip...:thumbup:

If you have a lens cap use it instead of UV filter. Get a lexar memory card they cost a bit more but they are faster upload and look cooloer. Definately get a camera bag. I f you are planning on expanding your # of lens then get a multi lens bag for around 130 if not go for a regular bag for around 90.

The camera arrived last night, so I rushed to Wally World and paid $20 for a PNY 4Gb memory card so I'd have something to shoot with (yes, I know they're a lot cheaper from Amazon). Haven't done anything with anything else yet (still shooting anything and everything and trying to work out the settings!).

I like the idea of some kind of backback or something similar to carry the camera around without it being in the way. No decisions made yet.

All the advice is appreciated and I have a whole new folder in my bookmarks. I've got a lot to learn!

Thanks to all who have responded so far and those yet to post :)

The camera arrived last night, so I rushed to Wally World and paid $20 for a PNY 4Gb memory card so I'd have something to shoot with (yes, I know they're a lot cheaper from Amazon). Haven't done anything with anything else yet (still shooting anything and everything and trying to work out the settings!).

I like the idea of some kind of backback or something similar to carry the camera around without it being in the way. No decisions made yet.

All the advice is appreciated and I have a whole new folder in my bookmarks. I've got a lot to learn!

Thanks to all who have responded so far and those yet to post :)

i'm buying this sometime next week....

Lowepro - Fastpack 200

I went with the Lowepro SlingShot 100 AW and it arrived today. I got it from eBay for US$39.99 shipped, which I thought was a great deal. It has plenty of room of a beginner as far as I can see and I can expand/get a bigger one later if I need to. It'll be a great day bag either way.

I love the fact that it's really easy to carry and get to the camera. It should be great fun on my trip to England in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for the advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back