Abstract Heirlooms

Desi

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been running around on vacation. I was planning a rematch with Yosemite. Last time, a cup of coffee got the better of me when it spilled all over my camera on the way to Half Dome.....this time it was the damned Hantavirus. We had reservations at the tent-cabins for yesterday and today.......OK for me, but not risking it with twin 3 year olds.

So, had to make due with a nice heirloom tomato I found. My wife got me a set of kenko extension tubes....so I've been trying out some macro......obviously I've a long way to go.

I'd love your thoughts on these shots.

Desi

DSC_0781.jpg by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

DSC_0783.jpg by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

3. Rolling green hills in sunset.....a tomato landscape

DSC_0795.jpg by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

DSC_0821.jpg by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

I'm glad you found a photographic opportunity despite the bad luck. I like the second one as a sort of abstract expressionist image. Good choice making it square. I'd probably darken the light patch top center and maybe do a little cloning in the lower right where there are some distracting spots. I might even try to clone the upper end of the green stripes so they don't run out of the frame.

I'm glad you found a photographic opportunity despite the bad luck. I like the second one as a sort of abstract expressionist image. Good choice making it square. I'd probably darken the light patch top center and maybe do a little cloning in the lower right where there are some distracting spots. I might even try to clone the upper end of the green stripes so they don't run out of the frame.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them out. I like the idea of keeping the green band in the frame.

Frequency, it's always nice to hear from you.

I spent a few hours shooting that tomato, so many colors and crevices. Background colors from other tomatoes.

Most reactions

Back