What's new

Accompishment

sactown024

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 30, 2012
Messages
658
Reaction score
29
Location
New Hampshire
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
EDIT: Accomplishment

So I started shooting photography about 2 months ago and ever since i fell in love with it although i knew nothing about it, since then, I have not stopped reading and watching youtube videos on learning new techniques. Well today someone wrote me an email and said

"I meant to tell you that so many people love the photo's you did. They keep asking if they are professional. One of the people that commented was the "Art Director" for Yankee Magazine...pretty impressive! Keep shooting and I will make sure she see's them"

I couldnt believe the Yankee Magazine Art Director was impressed. Just thought I would share and give some encouragment to those photographers out there that dont think they can create wonderful photos because they didnt go to school or dont have awesome equipment!

Cheers!

and just for some CC here is a photo I took of a silver lab named Regan.

regan.jpg






and a portrait to for some CC

clayton.jpg
 
Typically photos for critique are posted in the galleries, but I think this probably works here too :) Congrats on the compliments, that's always such a good ego boost!

It looks like you were using a relatively large aperture in both photos, I'd suggest a smaller one for greater DOF. For two months effort, these really are nice. Keep up the good work :)
 
Good words (aside from friends and family) are always good. You've certainly captured the "I'm a poooor starving doggy who hasn't eaten in a month" look perfectly! I think though, you have have missed focus slightly as it appears that the nose is the only thing in sharp focus. I'm also not sure that the chair leg adds a lot to the image. I think he/she will make for great shots though. The expression and lighting in the child's portrait is good. I think either a square crop or shooting in landscape aspect would have improved things as the empty space image left adds little to the overall effect. Again, (I'm guessing you were shooting wide open with a nifty fifty?) the focus seems on the shoulder and the face somewhat soft.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John
 
Superb shot with #1........ 'cepting for the chair leg.

The second reminds me of Calvin.
 
So I started shooting photography about 2 months ago .... so many people love the photo's you did. They keep asking if they are professional. One of the people that commented was the "Art Director" for Yankee Magazine...

Well, there you go! Becoming a professional photographer is apparently as easy as falling off a log.

Try to remember us when you become rich and famous.
 
Thread moved to the General Gallery
 
Congratulations on getting compliments!

Now prepare for the catty TPF responses and your choice of landscape orientation for your portrait CC. :D
 
noob question but what a good way to add a signiture to a picture like a custum one example ur"ncp" pm me
 
Superb shot with #1........ 'cepting for the chair leg.

The second reminds me of Calvin.

^THIS!!
That is one sad-looking dog, and one very cute (and mischievous-looking) little boy!

Compliments are always nice; it's what often motivates me to keep working on my skills.
But in the words of Han Solo to Skywalker: "Don't get cocky, kid!" ;)
 
the "npc" is called a watermark and it is easily added to any photo if you have lightroom or photoshop.

these were shot at 2.8 in aperture priority mode, the one of the dog i shot using the lcd while kneeling down and the camera laying flat on the ground so yah i prolly missed the focus, learn from mistakes!
 
Awww I love a Weim pup! So sweet .. good job for 2 months shooting!
 
if you notice the scar under her eye, she had cancer in the mouth when she was a puppy ( still kind of a puppy now) and she had all of her teeth removed :(
 
Work on your focus. It's soft in both images.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom