Across the Universe

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Going to see it Saturday night, been looking forward to it for the past few weeks but haven't been able to go....anyone seen it? Thoughts? Opinions?

:)

It was the single most amazing movie I've seen in the past 3 years, probably. The acting and cinematography are excellent, and most of the Beatles covers are actually really addicting.
Although at one point, halfway through, I wanted to leave... just because it was so... strange. :p You'll see. ;)

Yeah..so...that was seriously one hell of a kick-ass movie

"My god, you've got perfect teeth"
^^^
my new pickup line?

Darn it. I went to go see it last weekend. Been waiting since I saw the trailers...and when I got to the theater, I was late, so I saw Resident Evil instead. :grumpy: For sure, I gotta check this out next weekend.

Is this a film about the Beatles, like Backbeat was, or is it just using lots of their songs?

is this film released in the UK? i don't think i've heard of it

It's a movie about a guy (Jude) and a girl (Lucy) who fall in love during the height of the 1960s anti-war movement in New York. The movie's basically a mishmash musical of beatles songs, which fit very well into the movie itself; the movie's more a musical than it is a 'movie'.

Yeah..so...that was seriously one hell of a kick-ass movie

"My god, you've got perfect teeth"
^^^
my new pickup line?

Hate to burst your bubble, but I think it might only work if you have the scruffy looking hair and the sexy British accent. :greenpbl:

Sorta got the hair, can definately pull off a Liverpudlian accent ;)

i've got a Liverpool accent, plus, i need a haircut!

Does this increase my 'Pulling Power' with the ladies over that side of the pond? :mrgreen:

Saw it on DVD over the weekend it was good, but I would not call it kick ass, also I not a big Beatles fan other that the top 40 stuff. The songs were mostly good and a few there very good, but I was wondering what the old more senior Beatles fans think of the movie?

I thought it was excellent.... the songs were well placed in the film and overall it worked well as a musical... this and Sweeny Todd are the two best musicals iv seen in recent years.
My mum and dad both enjoyed it... my dad being a huge beatles fan since they formed.. and my mum being liverpudlian... so two good judges there.

Plus it has Eddie Izzard in it.... 'nough said. ;)

I really really enjoyed the movie (huge beatles fan) however i didnt like the part surrounding the Revolution song. I felt as though his actions were exactly what he was preaching against. Either way the movie was great. Right down to the last song when they did my fav ending to all u need is love

Most reactions

Back