"Action" sports. post your photos and C&C

C&C Please
IMG_6416.jpg

IMG_6463.jpg

IMG_6529.jpg

Lemondrop

hmmm

where's the subject, exposure, sharpness, are all things I would be looking at here.

The last one although underexposed at least has a bit of separation between the background and the subject.

Second one I appeciate you're showing how high the guy is from the bowl, straighten it up a bit, clone out the wires, not certain what you can do about the blown out sky.

First one - the sbject is lost in the background. Get in tight.

There's a good reason that so many sk8 togs use flash

More Of Mine...
WERA Atl

3670314507_79a3a3fc6c_b.jpg

This is an interesting shot, and would have been worth moving the toolbox around a little to get a better perspective. What is known as an incidental. Could quite easily be restaged another time;)

4279838343_dc1e5221d2_o.jpg

One of the first, with my D3S, not much chance to shoot anything serious.

Shot with my D90, kind of apropos, our school's mascot is the mountain lion, and this is going as a photo for the frontsheet of the yearbook.

4279831677_2775f82a43_o.jpg

You can really see the difference between the 3S and the D90 at high ISOs, these were shot under identical light.

C&C?

Shot with my D90, kind of apropos, our school's mascot is the mountain lion, and this is going as a photo for the frontsheet of the yearbook.

4279831677_2775f82a43_o.jpg

You can really see the difference between the 3S and the D90 at high ISOs, these were shot under identical light.

C&C?

I couldn't believe at first that shot 1 was a D3S looks more like a shot from a D40, lots of practise needed
shot 2 you missed focus

Here's my "action" shot. Picture i took a couple of weeks ago of a friend of mine when we went canyon riding.

ray2.jpg

Last edited:

I couldn't believe at first that shot 1 was a D3S looks more like a shot from a D40

Can you point out where I need practice? I would love your sage advice, as you obviously need a personal invite for it, otherwise, you can shut up.

I couldn't believe at first that shot 1 was a D3S looks more like a shot from a D40

Can you point out where I need practice? I would love your sage advice, as you obviously need a personal invite for it, otherwise, you can shut

up.

You can try working on WB and focus. If i had shot these 2 shots they would have gone in the recycle bin, not a good advert for the new D3S, do you think i can't shoot sport ? ican get a better shot with a 1dmk1 than you can get with a D3S would you like a contest ?
something comes to mind all the gear no idea:lol:

Focus? I can see the delineation of the pleats of his shorts, and individual cleats from approx. 150 ft. White balance? Sure, it might be easy to shoot daylight on a cricket pitch, try under shoddy football (American) lighting, and you will realize the difficulty of maintaing white. Something comes to mind, none of the gear, and not a clue. C&C from anyone with photographic skill, not angst. Finally, for anyone from England, you figure they would be literate enough to understand only the soccer, not football, image was made with the D3S.

Last edited:
Focus? I can see the delineation of the pleats of his shorts, and individual cleats from approx. 150 ft. White balance? Sure, it might be easy to shoot daylight on a cricket pitch, try under shoddy football (American) lighting, and you will realize the difficulty of maintaing white. Something comes to mind, none of the gear, and not a clue. C&C from anyone with photographic skill, not angst. Finally, for anyone from England, you figure they would be literate enough to understand only the soccer, not football, image was made with the D3S.

I shoot under bad light, this is bad light but in focus
491249521_Wac5w-L.jpg

here's a football shot
112901631_n9eq9-L.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back