Adding a 3x Converter to a 135mm Prime

Can't to wait to see what I end up doing with it then, sounds like a challenge...I like those...

FOLKS........
The focal length does not change because you are using a cropped sensor camera.

Most of us are aware of this. We are referring to the equivelent, which in terms of distance, is what matters. What happens when you crop a picture? You get a closer view. Obviously, if the OP was not referring to equivelent length, I am sure Drex is more than capable of multiplying 3 by 135. He seems like a fairly sharp dude.

Also you can use the TC to allow you to back away from your subject during macro because theminimum focus distance will increase. Just figured I would toss that out there.

Also you can use the TC to allow you to back away from your subject during macro because theminimum focus distance will increase. Just figured I would toss that out there.

Yes and no
The minimum focusing distance won't change when using a teleconverter, it will remain in the very same place. What will change however is the magnifiaction factor of the lens, which changes by the factor of the teleconverter (giving you the options of 1.4:1, 2:1, 3:1 and 1.7:1 if you shoot nikon).

This means that a shot that would be framed at minimum focusing without the TC will now be achievable from further away from the subject, whilst at the minimum focusing distance you will have the increased magnification.

Most reactions

Back