adirondacks first snow

nvr2low

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a couple shots from the old forge area of the adirondacks. these could be better but i was on a moving train so i didnt really have time to set up shots, it was just kind of see something cool and take a pic as quick as i could.

net3zx2.jpg

net2ot0.jpg

net1qs0.jpg

number 2 and 3 are really nice.

one of the best landscape shots I've taken was also from a moving train :lol:

ya, i dont care for 1 that much either. i think they would have come out alot nicer if i had realized that i still had the iso on 800 from some late evening shots a few nights before.

Since I am looking forward to getting some snow and getting back up to Tug Hill I would have to say I love all three...LOL

On a photographer level I would say I like #3 the best... the ice in the water on #2 takes away slightly from the picture (not your fault) while on the third you still are getting the crisp reflection of the trees in the water...

So how was that train ride? I have been wanting to take it for quite some time...

not a bad ride, since i know the area really well it was kind of boaring until it got north of foresport. you can see some nice stuff after you get into the park. where are you located? i used to ride tug hill but i cant really aford to get my sled out of the garage anymore. i havent rode in 3 years, im hopeing to shoot alot of local snowcross if possable.

I live over in Clifton Park...just a little ways north of Albany... we usually ride up in Schroon Lake but go to Lowville quite a bit to a friends farm. I will have to take that train ride maybe before the end of the year...

Lovely colours in all of these, best captured and "composed" in the last photo here, given the fact that you had little chance for any "composition" at all when sitting in a moving train. Well done. If I had been on that train in those weather conditions I would not have found that even a minute of my trip could have been boring!

LaFoto said:
Lovely colours in all of these, best captured and "composed" in the last photo here, given the fact that you had little chance for any "composition" at all when sitting in a moving train. Well done. If I had been on that train in those weather conditions I would not have found that even a minute of my trip could have been boring!

only the second half of the ride is in country like that, the first half of the ride is weaving through country that i grew up in. mostly just farmers fields and small patches of woods which ive been through a thousand times on my snowmobile. things change when the train actually gets into the adirondack park.

not bad from a moving train, beautiful. I tried to take some whilst driving through sedona the other day... they were not great.

Most reactions

Back