Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Adobe Extends Photography ProgramAvailability
I fully realize that not allphotographers (myself included) are especially happy with the move to asubscription model for Adobe applications. However, for those who areinterested in the "photographer's bundle" of Photoshop and Lightroom(along with other benefits) at a subscription price of $9.99 per month,that offer has now been extended. Gone is the limitation that you needto own Photoshop CS3 or later to get this discounted price, at leastfor now. The offer is good through December 2, 2013, and you can getall the details of the "bundle" subscription here:

http://adobe.com/go/photographyoffer/

How long is that rate good for?

You can subscribe at that rate until dec 1 and, supposedly, it is a permanent rate.

If anyone doesn't have either LR or PS, this is an amazingly good time to get this.

I still haven't upgraded from LR 4 to 5 yet, and I don't own PS, this is an absolute no-brainer. I'm jumping all over it.

I was already a member at the rate of 19.99 per month for Photoshop and had a purchased version of Lightroom 5. I called Adobe Customer Service and the cancelled my 19.99 membership, signed me up at the 9.99 monthly rate and included Lightroom 5 at no additional charge. Cannot beat that deal.

How long is that rate good for?
It's a 1 year subscription commitment that is paid monthly.

Adobe Creative Cloud - FAQ

Renewal
After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

In other words, after a year the price could go up, though Adobe has said this is not a 1 time introductory offer and they expect the monthly price to be the same into the foreseeable future.

No doubt few companies will guarantee a price for longer than a year, and Adobe is making no guarantees.

Last edited:

Have to wait and see. If Adobe's little experiment doesn't work out as planned there are companies out there that could easily make a push in the photo area. Corel and Phase One are a couple that come to mind.

I took advantage, another point to mention is you can install LR5 and PS CC on up two machines (you just can't run them both at the same time). I was able to do both of my MacBooks for $9.99/mo, permanent price.

I still haven't upgraded from LR 4 to 5 yet, and I don't own PS, this is an absolute no-brainer. I'm jumping all over it.

Same for me. Installing Photoshop now... yay!

Have to wait and see. If Adobe's little experiment doesn't work out as planned there are companies out there that could easily make a push in the photo area. Corel and Phase One are a couple that come to mind.

But it *is* working out. They were projecting 1 million CC users by the end of 2013 and they hit that goal 4 months early.

Make no mistake, other companies are taking notice of the success that companies like Adobe and Microsoft are having with subscription based software licenses and they're trying to figure out how to move their own businesses to that model. Not only does it enable a consistent and predictable revenue stream, but it helps to deal with any software company's biggest competitor - piracy.

Considering that there were over 30 Million Adobe customers that were affected with personal data loss by their site hack, 1 million people signing up really isn't all that impressive. A few more hits like this to companies like Adobe, Microsoft etc. and subscription based sales will likely take a giant hit.

Most reactions

Back