Adobe Extends Photography Program Availability

Considering that there were over 30 Million Adobe customers that were affected with personal data loss by their site hack, 1 million people signing up really isn't all that impressive. A few more hits like this to companies like Adobe, Microsoft etc. and subscription based sales will likely take a giant hit.

I'm not sure I understand why how many accounts they had invalidates the 1 million people people joining the subscription. Many of the new subscribers most likely already had accounts. Other accounts were probably old or people who maybe signed up to download adobe reader. The current accounts they had has no bearing I see on new subscription success.

That said, the breach of security could maybe scare people on how safe their info or data may be, but that is true of any online site you use like Facebook, amazon, eBay, PayPal, and so on. The lesson there is create unique passwords for each site you use and change them frequently because any big online site is a target for attacks and potential loss of your data.

I myself still didn't like the idea of subscription to use the program. Although it cost only $9.99 but some don't use it as often as some do. I know you can still use the older versions but it will be lack on feature updates. They could of gone to lease to own instead :D

The old way - what you owned was a use license. You did not own the software itself.

When Adobe updated their software and you wanted to use it, you had to buy another use license.

I actually think this is a great deal and jumped on it tonight. As others have said security breaches happen all the time on line and it is just a way of life these days. Considering I was using LR4, photoscape and psp x4, I will be more than happy to have one integrated package for such a low monthly price. There are a few features of PS that I really look forward to. Considering I take my bird pictures every morning I will be putting it to a lot of use...

I actually think this is a great deal and jumped on it tonight. As others have said security breaches happen all the time on line and it is just a way of life these days. Considering I was using LR4, photoscape and psp x4, I will be more than happy to have one integrated package for such a low monthly price. There are a few features of PS that I really look forward to. Considering I take my bird pictures every morning I will be putting it to a lot of use...

Homicide is a way of life, robbery, burglary, rape, and other forms of assault are all ways of life these days. That doesn't mean you have to accept them. First time one of these security breaches that are the "way of life these days" affects you and they get your credit card or bank account information, something you have to give them for a subscription service like this, you will quickly decide that this should not be the way of life. You have no idea the hassle it is to straighten out such a mess. It usually will take someone a year or more.

Subscription services are nothing new. The AV industry has been doing it for years with great effect. If Adobe wants to go subscription then follow the AV lead. Sell the product and once a year charge a renewal. I have no worries about a service set up this way. It is the same reason I didn't worry when I bought LR 5 from Adobe. They got my account info in their security breach. What they got from us was useless to them. We have a prepaid debit card that we keep and charge up only when we want to buy something on line. Somebody steals that number it is useless and will not effect us or our credit. They don't need nor do they have our credit card number or our bank account information on file to debit our account once a month.

Most reactions

Back