Advanced commercial lighting!

erkindemir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello there,

I have an upcoming shoot which can be a little tricky in terms of lighting setup. Client wants a stylish mood like the first example.

just because the products will smaller like hair sprays etc. The background should be narrower/closer to identify the products more . The problem is we have a smaller space (you can see the attached photo) and very low ceiling.

My question is, how can I separate model from the background in terms of lighting. Because I want to use different color gels create more stylish mood.

I am thinking to use 200mm focal lenght to compress the background, and some strip boxes (2 for the model, 2 for the background), so the background and the model illuminates differently.

Any extra suggestions are welcome. Greetings.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    974.6 KB · Views: 366
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 322
So what direction were you given when shooting the market image? To me that's a location/setting image, NOT a product image. If you're doing small items such as beauty products, you may not want a full or even half-body model; maybe just hands? Regardless, I would likely go with gridded reflectos; say 11" and throw your gels on those. Maybe add a couple of big umbrellas for fill, say 3 stops below key, just to open up the shadows, and used the gridded reflectors to highlight the product and model.

So what direction were you given when shooting the market image? To me that's a location/setting image, NOT a product image. If you're doing small items such as beauty products, you may not want a full or even half-body model; maybe just hands? Regardless, I would likely go with gridded reflectos; say 11" and throw your gels on those. Maybe add a couple of big umbrellas for fill, say 3 stops below key, just to open up the shadows, and used the gridded reflectors to highlight the product and model.

Yes it will be a half body shot. The idea is showing the product behind the social media influencers with a stylish setup. I sent the image just for showing the full space.

The shelf will be filled with beauty products/ the model will be in front of them. Actually, using grids is a great advice Thanks for that. Do you think, strip boxes with grids work as well for softer shadows on the models? I really need separate lights for the model/background to add some depth in a stylish way.

Thanks again!!

Most reactions

Back