Advice for a New Camera.

lightscameraaction

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking at getting a new camera. I want one thats digital. I am pretty new to photography and have a kodak easy share Z885 that sucks, I bmx and take many pictures but they usually turn out blurry and for the ssequence shot i can only take like four pictures at a time. Since i am new i am not good at fiddling with the settings. I tried out a canon rebel xt and really liked it. I would also like a video feature on the camera . Post up!;)

I am looking at getting a new camera. I want one thats digital. I am pretty new to photography and have a kodak easy share Z885 that sucks, I bmx and take many pictures but they usually turn out blurry and for the ssequence shot i can only take like four pictures at a time. Since i am new i am not good at fiddling with the settings. I tried out a canon rebel xt and really liked it. I would also like a video feature on the camera . Post up!;)

Nikon D5000 or D90 is good for photo and video

5d mkII
honestly. if video was actually a concern to me on a dslr, then that would be my only consideration.

D90 is awesome if you're willing to hold a Nikon to see what you think. Could be that you prefer Canon, but before I drop the dough at least check them both out.

what do you guys think about a digital canon rebel xs? does it have video?

whats your budget for the camera?
do you have a seperate budget for a new lens?

The only Rebel that does video is the T1i.
The only other Canon that does video is the 5D MkII
Reviews on the two are good.

In the Nikons, I believe you have the D90 and the D5000. Reviews on the D90 are great, reviews on the D5000 suck

i would like to keep the camera and lens under 1000. i know its a very small budget... so the 5D MkII is definatly not an option.

With those two choices, I'd go with the T1i

But must it be a dSLR? The Canon SX110 IS is pretty nice

yea, with a budget of under 1000 your only real options are the D5000 and the T1i.. i'm a nikon guy, so obviously my recommendation is the D5000.. go to the store, try them out.. they are both great cameras.. I do find the D5000 a little small though (but I have huge hands.. )

since i am kinda new to photography would it be stupid to buy the T1i or the D5000 ? what i mean by that is do you have to use alot of settings or can i get into that a little later on when i am learning? another thing, i feel retarted for asking because i dont know but whats the difference between a dslr and an slr?

Most reactions

Back