Advice for a New Camera.

DSLR is just digital version (non-film).

Stupid? No... not at all, I started with a D40 and wish I still had it sometimes (small, fun to use).

Both I'm sure have automatic modes (point and shoot modes) so you can learn as you go and try things when you have time to slow down and get manual.

The biggest difference will be how natural one feels than the other - that will be your deciding factor.

Whatever you choose, have fun and enjoy it!

I was in your same shoes not long ago with a 1200 budget. I chose the d5000 w/2 lenses. The smaller size was not the best feeling but im sure glad of the size now that I am carrying it around everywhere. You might want to look at your local camera shop due to them sometimes offering free photography class.

since i am kinda new to photography would it be stupid to buy the T1i or the D5000 ?
No, not at all. Those are entry level DSLRs and designed for beginners.
what i mean by that is do you have to use alot of settings or can i get into that a little later on when i am learning?
They both have full AUTO setting so you can just point and shoot. You'll eventually learn how to use the other control settings as you get better.
another thing, i feel retarted for asking because i dont know but whats the difference between a dslr and an slr?
Main difference is a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) uses a image sensor to capture images digitally. A SLR (Single Lens Reflex) uses film.

thanks so much i really appreciate it :) i hope to go to the camera store soon and try em out. and the nikons fisheye setting sounds cool !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back