Advice in editing this photo for selling online!

SellPhotosOnline

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello you guys. I want to edit a photo to sell it online on a microstock agency. I use photoshop in my edditing and i allready sold a few images but this keep getting rejected, i have no clue what to do to get accepted with the following image (any advices would be great, i guess i cold try to isolate only the rose and eliminate everything else, soo frustrating :confused:)

They usually give a reason for not accepting an image, at least istock do. It's a pretty unremarkable image though :(

Especially with a tire in the background.

Background and sickly droopy leaves. The flower is fully open many rose shots I don't think are.

Too much background clutter and the foliage is turning brown/wilting/eaten by parasites, why would anyone buy it.

When trying to sell plant/food shots everything needs to be as fresh looking as possible and without the clutter. Anyway you already gave this picture to everyone with internet access as its not resized for web use, if we were on dial up it would have taken an age to load. H

I agree, the background is the main problem. Just delete it and try again later.

Do you think it is a good photo ?, it could have something to do with there being a motorbike in the background

it is reshoot time, too much clutter

Many times photos get rejected because the stock house already has as many of that type as they need.

This one you have posted has some serious noise issues, and the big holes that bugs have eaten in the leaves don't help.

stock sites are very very strict.
and this shot is mediocre.

i have to agree, the tire and background is completely taking away form your picture, If it was me, id go to a local garden and retake it completely. your back will blend into the picture and your flower will be more vibrant. i hope you get the help your looking for :)

I have a feeling the OP is a spammer with the link he/she has at the bottom.

Heck, just 'fix it':

P1010934.jpg

Just search istock for rose and there are some great pics. So they probably are looking for something that will sell over what they already have.

Most reactions

Back